Author Topic: Some questions I have...  (Read 2839 times)

Offline dave1030

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm new here.  I'm 16 and I will probably be having gyne surgery in June or July.  I have some questions so please help me with them.

1.  How long does the operation usually take?
2.  Does the operation hurt during or after?
3.  Would I be able to wrestle in November?
4.  What is the average price for the operation?

Offline lonewolf2683

• Posting Member
  • Gyne Lipsouction GIT-R-DONE!
Hi, I'm new here.  I'm 16 and I will probably be having gyne surgery in June or July.  I have some questions so please help me with them.

1.  How long does the operation usually take?
2.  Does the operation hurt during or after?
3.  Would I be able to wrestle in November?
4.  What is the average price for the operation?

Most of these questions can be covered if you do a search through previous posts.

1)The actual operation can vary anywhere from 30 minutes to 2-3 hours depending on how many cc's of far that needs to be removed/gland etc.

2)During the procedure for the most part you won't feel a thing unless the anesthesia wears off a little in which time they will inject more. If you don't feel comfortable let them know.
(after) Of course it hurts a LITTLE but if you can't handle the pain most prescribe pain killers such as vicodin etc in case you need to take them.

3)November of 2005? Well it depends when you schedule your consultation/surgery date. I just got mine done and have been told to avoid strenuous physical activity for at least 2 weeks and preferrably a month. So if you got your surgery done sometime this spring/summer that shouldn't be a problem.

4)It depends on where you live/where you are willing to travel. The actual procedure can cost between $3,000-$5,000 and this may or may not include:

*blood work
*compression garments needed
*consultation costs
*prescribed medicines
*travel costs (gas,plane,hotel)

You just have to do some research and find out what fits you. If you live in Canada I heard a certain insurance covers it. (cant remember what) But in USA its considered an elective procedure and most insurance companies dont cover it.

In either case save up your money and keep in contact on the board with everyone because they will offer you moral support. Im not a newbie btw I use to have a prior sn and forgot the password and now have this name. Hope that helps you. Good luck. :)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 04:14:24 PM by lonewolf2683 »
Surgery Completed 2/10/05

Offline dave1030

• Posting Member
Ok, thanks a lot for answering my questions.  My consultation is in this upcoming March so hopefully I can wrestle by November.  I already am going to miss my junior year of football because of this, but it is way more important to me to get this surgery because it has been bothering me for a long time now.  I cannot wait until I get this done, I will be very happy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024