Author Topic: Surgery Preparation  (Read 2652 times)

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
I have sent a PM to a few you about you surgery prep however, I thought I would start a thread so that other users could benefit. For those of you who have had surgery what were your pre-opp prep instructions ie. no aspirin, vitamin e, no smoking etc.

Offline gynecomastia_sucks

• Posting Member
I was just told I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything after 12:00am the night of the operation. That also included no gum or candy no water NOTHING. I don't smoke so I wasn't told anything about smoking but I heard leslie tell other paitents not to smoke at least for a week before surgery. I was also told that if I felt even the slightest sign of congestion that I should call and reshedule my surgery because it could effect the surgery. That was pretty much all I was told.

Offline smithers

• Bronze Member
I was also told that if I felt even the slightest sign of congestion that I should call and reshedule my surgery because it could effect the surgery.

Leslie never informed me of that.

Offline gynecomastia_sucks

• Posting Member
It must of slipped her mind I guess. Oh I told her I had asthma so she told me to start using my puffers regularly even if I didnt need them just to make sure it didn't act up. When I did go for my surgery I had a bit of congestion in my chest but I honestly didnt even care I wasn't gonna cancel or postpone my surgery especially since there was the chance that I might have to pay for cancelling and so on. Don't do what I did though lol unless its a risk your willing to take.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024