Author Topic: Anyone had gynaecomastia surgery with Spire?  (Read 8401 times)

Banobo

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me? Has anyone on this site had surgery performed by healthcare group Spire? Also anyone who's had it done up in Scotland?

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Not heard of them, tell us more, where did you travel from? Most folk on here seem to head south to Karidis in London or Levick in Birmingham.

I read on the other post you were scheduled for the 13th, how did it go??
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Banobo

Spire bought over all the bupa hospitals as far as i'm aware. They are one of the largest healthgroups privately in the uk, i think lol. I live not far from edinburgh and i had spoken to a few different companies that dealt with gynaecomastia but thought spire was very proffesional and decided to go with them. I only had to travel 25 miles and things were really a breeze, everything went well, so far i feel they have done a great job. I was aware everyone tended to head south for this but the cost, care, distance and whole package really i thought was well worth settling for. I have a follow up appointment next week so can't wait to see how things are looking with my dressings off. Overall i think i made a good choice and i will continue to post some progress and maybe it could help others in this situation. Living up in this neck of the woods i think folk believe they have to travel a long way for a good outcome but hopefully given time and plenty of rest this may not be the case. Hope this helps, i'll post pics as things progress. Posted some already if anyone wants to comment, i'd be grateful guys

To be continued 

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
Banobo do you know the name of the surgeon that done your op and at what spire hopsital was it at?

how much did it cost mate?

thanks

Banobo

The surgeons name was Dr Cameron Raine at the Spire Murrayfield Edinburgh hospital. The consultations cost £120 which i had one before surgery as he took photo's etc before the op and the cost of the surgery was £3300 but i think it ranges between £3300 and £3600. Anything else i can help with just give me a shout. So far things are really good. Have you looked at the pics i've posted?

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Your pics look fine mate and the whole surgery experience seems to have gone well for you.

Obviously some guys on here could only wish they looked as good as you did in your 'before' pics!....but I know sometimes people can be a little body dysmorphic and if surgery helps you overcome what you percieve to be a problem that then its cool.

I expect your looking forward to wearing that white t-shirt now and walking with confidence on the beach/around the pool etc...

Personally I can't wait for my op!
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Banobo

Thanks man and yeah already i've tried a few tops on and relieved that the things which bothered me before are bye byes. I know you may think my situation wasn't that bad to start with but i wasn't always so trim, took me years slimming down as when i was younger it was far worse. I posted to a couple of folk that all the hard work does help but just that one last step will never be reached. I lived in sunny cyprus for a few years and other places that involve the beach/tops off life all day everyday and working as a builder at the time at work also, even though i was in good trim i still got mocked for it a bit from mates aswell, not realising the situation themselves. I'd spent my youth with all that crap and i'd had enough. When the surgeon spoke to me after surgery he explain he was surprised to how much gland was removed aswell. Just got sick of pinching nips  rubbing my chest under my clothes before i walked into somewhere etc etc, i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about.

as400 are you booked of surgery or is it still just a thought?

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
Thanks Banobo, I cant seem to find the pics mate.. where are they?

thanks

Banobo

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Yep surgery booked with Dr. Karidis late April.

Went for the consulatation though most of my questions had already been answered on this excellent board.

Thank god for the internet! (or at least thank Tim Berners Lee)

And I'm expecting to be made redundant later this year! so am getting this done now and canning the overtime!

Banobo

I got made redundant aswell man, it's a tough time for security. At least i've got a moobless chest to look at as a consolation lol.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:59:11 PM by Banobo »

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
and it gives you complete confidence in looking for another job

Banobo

Without a doubt  jock can't wait to get dressings off to see how things look.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024