Author Topic: Question about swelling  (Read 12299 times)

Offline buck131

I just had ultrasonic lipo done on Dec. 27th.  Does anybody know how long it takes to see final results?  I'm thinking not for a while because my chest actually looked better a couple of days after the procedure because I on that anti-swelling medication.  Now my chest looks like it did before the sugery.  At first, I was like, o damn, i just wasted 2k, but I'm pretty sure it's just the swelling.  So can anyone tell me how long it takes for all the swelling to go away?  I am 18, 155 lbs., and in good health.

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
  • free as of 10-19-2004!! WOO HOO!
give it a month - 1 1/2 months for swelling to go away......then hard tissue comes into play...it's a 3 month-ish process total

Offline LAGuy

• Posting Member
Yeah, I had mine done on Nov 10th.  And my swelling has gone, but now I'm having the hard tissue issue, so they still look the same as pre-op.  But like you I had a very mild case (I'm assuming you did), I'm sure if our cases had been more severe the change would be more instantly noticible.  

Offline samsung174v

• Posting Member
  • I am living a new life now
oh crap! Im having the same problem! I feel a weird hard bump on one side then on the other a much smaller one. its a hard bump under my nipples were the cut was done. It can also be seen. so this will go away?? :)

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
sure will, just give it time.   i was worried at first then thought "wait, i lived with it for 10 years....i can handle 2 more months of hard tissue" ;)

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
lol fleetwd good point

I was thinking the same thing when you originally told me to be patient in another thread I started. I too look as though I never had surgery performed. I had my surgery on January 15th and I'm worried that I wasted my money. Everyone keeps telling me that I'll see results in 2-3 months, but I'm so impatient! It feels like when someone gets you a Christmas gift in October-January and says, "you're not getting it until Christmas". ugh!!! I want to see my damn present already!!!111
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline gyne-finally-gone

• Posting Member
I had just started another thread under gyne talk about this.  Im sorry to be repetitive but i felt the same as above that i wasted 6500 bucks!...i had surgery on december 21st and it looked great after i took the bandages off and now it looks like it did before (a little better though) and i have the hard tissue in there that im massaging now to work it out as the doc told me.  i was getting very discouraged  :-/ that this was all a waste (even though he said it would go down but hey he was already paid so im spectical ya know)but u guys are saying that this will all go down and be flatten in another 2-3 months or so?....   ;D

Offline fleetwd

• Silver Member
the swelling was  100% gone for me in one month...but only AFTER a month is when the hard tissue appeared (as opposed to swelling -- it looks just like gyne), about 70% of it stuck around for a month, then in the next month about 10% of that went away.  my left side now has none left and my right side i'd say has about 20% left....but it'll go away in time, then the skin still has to tighten.  Be patient people, you'll be fine by summer  8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 09:20:00 AM by fleetwd »

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Man, I can't even imagine walking around with no shirt by summer. These lumps are tryin' to c0ckblock me!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 09:52:07 AM by Vizia »

Offline needtoknow

Hi guys,
first post here. I had the surgery approx Nov 12th 04. I went through the same thing of it looking better and now the scar tissue is hard and causing the nipple area to swell. My doctor says it will go and says it's fine but I thouight at this stage I should be healed. The nipple are is till sore which is good I guess as it's still healing. I've been massaging the area and recently taking vitamin e. Externally theres hardly any scarring at all. I'm freaking out. I just don't know if everything is as it should be.
help !!!!

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
I have to admit, while there's still hard tissue (lumps), I see some improvement. *flexes in mirror*

Offline johnpaullino

• Posting Member
Man, I can't even imagine walking around with no shirt by summer. These lumps are tryin' to c0ckblock me!

Oh heal yeah, godam scar tissue

Offline gynejew

• Posting Member
I am 4 days out and I look a bit better than when I went in. The first day after I defenitely looked worse than preop. I had lypo on my abs too and they are the same story right now.

I am having a lot of anxiety about what the final results will look like. The one thing that i find comfort in is that my breasts feel like soft sacks of liquid now, not like fat. Its funny though, I feel my chest and stomach and its this super soft liquidy feeling and then I am certain it doesn't feel like fat and reach for somewhere else on my body to compare and then I realize, theres no fat left on me...

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
huh? Soft sacks? If anything, my chest has these rock-hard lumps in 'em. I'd put Flex Wheeler to shame right now with these bad boys.

Offline samsung174v

• Posting Member
  • I am living a new life now

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024