Author Topic: going in for surgery with Dr. fielding next wed. 16th of June  (Read 2537 times)

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Looking forward to it. At peace with my decision. I will let you know the results. With the help of this site, I was able to finally speak the truth to a few people (some very close to me) about my condition, my suffering and my decision to have this operation.
At first, I was just going to have the operation, without telling anyone, even my wife. But, I gained the courage to share the truth about this with many people.
Speak with you post-op.
Thanks again to all who assisted me through this initial process and may God and love be with all of you.
Rob

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Nice, Rob. Best of luck, it will be much easier with the support of those around you who love you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats....

Waiting for you on the 'Other Side'...   ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
Back from surgery yesterday. Seemded to go well. No pain at first. Later, quite a bit, but I did not take any pain killers till late last night.
Telling my wife and my best friend was the best thing I ever did. They both helped me through everything.
My wife was very supportive and I don't know why I was considering not telling her at first?
Maybe because I had lipo only 10 yrs ago - which did not work? and I felt that she may think that this may happen again.
Late last night, I caught her researching the condition on the net. This was the first time that this happened. This is wonderful as she is now truly part of all of my life - even my hangups in this area.
WOW, how freeing that feeling was! When I realized that I did not feel shame or embarrasment at the moment I caught her doing the research.
The TRUTH feels great. I don't know how I could have fooled my way through this. ACtually, I'm sure that she would have found out and you all know the mess that would hve caused me.
Anyway, if anyone is considering going through this problem secretly, and hide it from the people we love, I would say "don't do it".
The reaction in our heads is usually different than what actually happens.
In regards to how I am recovering - feeling ok now. A little blood on one side. Not too much pain. I'm assuming that I would  know if there was a concern at this point?
Can anyone let me know what I should look for this week?
thanks again for all of your support. You guys are the best! I will try and post some pictures in a week,

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Rob,

Glad to hear that your surgery went well.....  and that you have the emotional support of your wife and friend...

"The TRUTH feels great"....  Ah yes, 'TRUTH', what a wonderful word!!!  It cleanses the soul my friend...  ;)

You may experience some swelling to the point that you may think that your G has come back... No need to panic dude... Swelling is normal and will dissipate with time....

Just be patient... you are looking at 3-6 months at least, before you are anywhere near full recovery...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024