Author Topic: Definately getting surgery (Please Read)  (Read 2754 times)

Offline sellsius

• Posting Member
Well, I have come to the conclusion that there is no question that I have gynecomastia... and I need to find a better job so I can make enough money to finance the surgery. I'm tired of hating how I look, and wearing baggy clothes and slumping around. I love the fact that i have figured out what I have, but I'm also sad that i have it. I am overweight, and even though losing weight will help before surgery, I'm sure it won't make it go away 100%. I live in Maryland. Does anyone know of good doctors close to me that you would recommend for the surgery? And maybe how much it would cost?

I know that I'm not unique in this aspect. And it makes me feel better that there are people that know what I'm going through. No one I know can help me or relate to this with me... So if anyone at all would just talk to me about this.. just words of wisdom, or a helping hand, it would mean the world to me. Thank you.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Hey man. Welcome to the boards! You've certainly come to the right place to talk about your condition. Many of us know EXACTLY what you go through on a daily basis. Its nice to be able to talk openly about it. Anyhow, as far as plastic surgeons in the Maryland area, I think Dr. Bermant is in Virginia? Not even sure if thats close to you (I suck at geography :) ) Have you tried using the 'find a surgeon' page?: http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/surg_listing/surgeons.php

In the meantime, I would recommend slowly starting to change your eating/exercising habits. While exercise won't make your gyne go away completely, it will surely help make you feel better about yourself. You'll have more energy and an overall sense of well being. The better shape your in, the better you'll look, before and after surgery. Stop by the Nutrition/training section to learn some more about everything: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?board=28.0

Also, if you think its going to be a long time before you can afford the surgery, you may want to look into a compression garment for a 'temporary fix'. Ive never used one personally, but I'm sure you can search around and find some advice on which ones work best.

Good luck with everything man  8)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline sellsius

• Posting Member
Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Anyhow, as far as plastic surgeons in the Maryland area, I think Dr. Bermant is in Virginia? Not even sure if thats close to you (I suck at geography :) ) Have you tried using the 'find a surgeon' page?: http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/surg_listing/surgeons.php

Yeah, I'll look into him. Virginia is right next to Maryland :)

I've read some people get the surgery for a low price, maybe $2000. Do you think there is a good chance of me maybe getting that price? I have had the same doctor for all 18 years of my life. I am the only patient he has seen for that long, and we are close. I'm hoping he might be able to help me out in the area of getting a less expensive surgery... He is one of the best in Maryland and the surrounding states, and he knows many people.

Offline Vonsteelo

• Posting Member
I saw 2 doctors before I got my lipo done on my chest. The first one wanted to charge almost $8,000. I was in shock, the second one charged me $4,150 but I decided not to do the "cool touch" skin tightening thing, another $1000 I just did it the old fashion way.

Offline MSJ108

Gyno surgery will run you from 2,500 to 8,000k

However, straight lipo ONLY of the chest I have heard of people getting it for 1,700 to 2,000

You can always finance it as well

Offline Bigchest123

• Bronze Member
i got my gyno done in Dominican Republic which i am in right now.... i got m surger 3 days ago and i payed 2500 for it and this guys KNOWS what hes doing.... the only thing i had to pay was my flight ticket which was 500.... and i paid 50$ each for a compression vest so the entire surgery allll together cost me 3100$.... messge me and ill give u all the info.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024