Author Topic: is this Gynecomastia?!?!----[Pics included]----  (Read 7375 times)

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
i have had this for about 3 years since i was about 13 im 16 now

its so depressing i cant afford surgery and i dont want it anyway.
i go to the gym and i do cardio and also weight training i so alot of chest exercise however i have just started doing this for about 2weeks
will this make me loose them

i have noticed that they arnt as big as they where last year but i still think they stick out and i hate the puffy nipples

my BMI is normal as i am 5'7 and 71kg

does it look like there is glandular tissue, or just fat? and can exercise burn off glandular tissue?

when i went to the doctors he said its "mild gynecomastia" and should heal within 3 years and he said this a year and a half ago

HOWEVER i have noticed that they have reduced in size a little, does this mean that they could be clearing up

here are some pics

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Gynecomastia in young men does usually go away, but with the degree of your puffy nipples, I would doubt that they would ever just "go away" or return to normal.  You will not be able to exercise them away or lose weight and make them go away.  Surgery is going to be the only way to correct puffy nipples like yours.   

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
Your nipples are really puffy, and since you don't seem very overweight, this is probably a good indication that you have a significant amount of over sized gland beneath them. As previously stated, surgery is most likely your only option to correct the puffy nips. The first thing I would do is go see an endocrinologist. Also, heavy chest exercises will more than likely make your chest protrude more, as your pectoral muscles sit beneath the gland. Once I made the decision to get surgery, I began to lift and work out heavily, I burned a significant amount of fat, but nipples definitely began to puff out more.
f*ck gyne

Offline Violating

• Posting Member
yeah dude its gynecomastia..
my case is almost exactly like yours except mine is a little more pronounced..
which really sucks
but surgery is our only way out..

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Being that you are still young I would give nolvadex a shot. There are studies where nolvadex (tamoxifen) resolved the condition in teens. Do your research and an understanding doctor. Good luck..

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
Being that you are still young I would give nolvadex a shot. There are studies where nolvadex (tamoxifen) resolved the condition in teens. Do your research and an understanding doctor. Good luck..

whats nolvadex

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member

whats nolvadex

go to google and type "what's nolvadex"

Most of us aren't medical experts, we just suffer or have suffered from this condition.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I very rarely comment on use of medications for gyne -- most of them do not work, unless it is in the very earliest stages of gyne.

But I really don't understand why one would suggest that his gyne, which has been present for three years, might have a shot at improvement with Nolvadex.  Why give hope for this young man when in all likelihood, it will not work at all?

When I see cases similar to his, the only remedy is surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
I very rarely comment on use of medications for gyne -- most of them do not work, unless it is in the very earliest stages of gyne.

But I really don't understand why one would suggest that his gyne, which has been present for three years, might have a shot at improvement with Nolvadex.  Why give hope for this young man when in all likelihood, it will not work at all?

Dr Jacobs

Maybe he can't pull 3000.00-7000.00 out of his pocket at the moment. I would start off with the cheapest option.
Regarding Nolvadex
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3526085
gghjournal.com/volume20/4/ab13.cfm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14759718

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member

Dr Jacobs

Maybe he can't pull 3000.00-7000.00 out of his pocket at the moment. I would start off with the cheapest option.
Regarding Nolvadex
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3526085
gghjournal.com/volume20/4/ab13.cfm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14759718

thanks! and yes i cant afford that as im 16 and my parrents arnt havnt got a spare 4k...

will you explain briefly what this stuff is please

Offline joltera

• Bronze Member
from wikipedia--

Tamoxifen(nolvadex) is an antagonist of the estrogen receptor in breast tissue.

I'm no expert, but I interpret this as it being a drug that blocks the estrogen receptor that causes breast to develop. This may trigger a effect in your body to correct its biological mistake when administered early on.

When I first noticed I was developing breast when I was about 10, the gland tissue was literally the size of a pea. If I had taken a drug like nolvadex at this time, I probably would not had ever developed breast which were similar to yours now. I was told by a doctor they would go away and were normal. Years passed, I kept wishing, they never did.

It looks to me that for the most part your breast, at least the hormone induced gland part, are already fully developed. Nolvadex seems to be a medication to stop full development before it happens, not reverse it after the fact.

The general consensus is that if they do not resolve on their own within 2 or 3 years, they never will. Wish I had known this when I was a kid.

I suppose its worth a try, but In my opinion, the cost for those medications would probably be better put to use as savings for surgery.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member

Well the key word used here is "option," isn't it?  The truth is....Tamoxifen in this case isn't an "option" at all....unless you're wanting to completely waste time and money.  joltera is exactly right.

According to well established research, Tamoxifen for established gyne (3 years in this case) isn't a VIABLE option at all.  And that's what Dr. Jacobs was saying.  It's well known that Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) is effective in the early stages of gynecomastia.  But once the gyne is well established, the "option" is no longer an option.  

Tamoxifen can be particularly effective with the pain and tenderness associated with gyne in it's earliest stages.  But with stable gyne, going on 3 years, it's simply not considered a realistic treatment, and to put money or hope toward such an unrealistic treatment would be.....senseless.  

On top of that, anyone with sufficient knowledge of gyne can tell that puffy nipples to this degree are not going to be helped by Tamoxifen, losing weight, lifting weights, or anything else.  Surgery is the only real "option".  It would be nice if surgery was free, but that's not the case.  When we have problems, we have to pay to have them fixed.  Sometimes we have no choice, whether we like it, or not.  If my air conditioner goes out, I've got to pay to have it fixed, even if I'd prefer NOT to have do so.  To spend money on something that would NOT be a realistic fix of my air conditioner would make no sense.  Gynecomastia should not be expected to be any different. No one should waste their time and money on something that's not a legitimate fix.

To suggest something as a legitimate hope to someone where none exists is disingenuous.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
OK I'll bite. What do you think will happen if he decides to have the surgery? Now remember he is only 16. Obviously his hormones are out of wack. Do you agree? After surgery his hormones are still going to be out of range. This means there is a very good chance the gyno will come back. Is this making sense cupcake?

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
I saw the study quoted above years ago. That study, and a subsequent one done in Germany, was primarily concerned with growing breast tissue caused by a hormone imbalance. That drug isn't going to do anything to a healthy male with fully formed breast tissue and it is not FDA approved for that purpose- so good luck finding a doctor to prescribe it.

OP, the bigger question you have to ask yourself if it causes you embarrassment or discomfort. If yes, something needs to be done. If not, then it's perfectly OK to live with the condition since there are no adverse health effects associated with extra glandular & fat tissue in the chest. if you do not want surgery, then exercise can help remove the fat portion and help your contour a bit. If cost is the primary factor in not wanting surgery, then consider scheduling a consultation with a local medical college- they're generally a bit cheaper.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
What do you think will happen if he decides to have the surgery? Now remember he is only 16. Obviously his hormones are out of wack. Do you agree? After surgery his hormones are still going to be out of range. This means there is a very good chance the gyno will come back. Is this making sense cupcake?

No, sorry, it doesn't make sense because nothing was mentioned about his hormones being "out of whack".  No blood tests were mentioned.  No testosterone levels were mentioned.  No estrogen levels were mentioned.  Most of the guys on this site and guys with gyne, in general, have hormone levels that are within the normal range. 

All indications are that this young man's gyne is stable.  If it is NOT stable, or if he were having current growth and pain/tenderness, then THAT would be a reason not to have surgery right now.  You don't operate on gyne that is in an active state, because, as you said, it could return.  But if the gyne has been stable for some time, as his apparently has been, then surgery would be a viable option, even at his age. 

Completely aside from all this, though, you were advocating giving Tamoxifen to someone whose gyne appears to be established and stable (3 years).  To do such a thing would be irresponsible and pointless.  Tamoxifen would no more get rid of HIS established gyne (enlarged breast tissue) than it would a female's breast tissue after 3 years.  Once tissue is fibrotic, no medicine is going to make it magically disappear.  If the tissue is still in an active state of change (and growth), the medicine can be beneficial.  But this does not appear to be the case with this individual. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024