Author Topic: Question about surgery?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline tobetrue

Is it standard practice for a doctor to charge for reoccurrence?  I had surgery 2.5 years ago and was never completely satisified.  Post surgery I still have hard tissue in both breats.  I was told to lose more weight, but this seems odd because initially I was told that losing weight would not resolve the issue.  My doctor wants to charge for another surgery.  Is this normal?

Offline flex1appeal

Depends on the doctor but if it's been 2 years or longer and you are just now coming back to him unhappy, the statute of limitations may have expired for a free revision with your doc. Most doctors probably don't do free revisions much past the first year or two tops. And even then, some don't do them completely free. My doctor did a revision and didn't charge me a surgeon fee (his part) but I did have to pay for anesthesia and what not. Some doctors don't charge anything for revision but it depends on where their facilities are and if they own them or not. My doctor works in a hospital and uses hospital facilities to perform surgeries. That is why I had to pay a little more. He didn't charge me his fees again though so I saved like $3000 second time.

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I don't think that the doctor should charge you for revision surgery even it is after 2.5 years. And you are right that many doctors say one thing before surgery and another after surgery. Before the surgery, they want to make money so they say anything to convince you to have surgery. After the surgery, they pretend to not see any problem. I had a gyne surgery and had reoccurance after few months. The doctor told me that it was just swelling after the surgery. Then my gyne was the same size as before surgery and he said that my chest looks normal. He did not say that my chest looked normal before the surgery. He offered me a revision surgery but I refused to get surgery from a surgeon who did a lousy job the first time. Besides, if you were not completely satisfied the first time, I don't believe you should go back. I think that you should find a better surgeon who specialize in gyne even if you have to pay higher price than a revision.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is it standard practice for a doctor to charge for reoccurrence?  I had surgery 2.5 years ago and was never completely satisified.

You say 'reoccurrence'....  did it come back, or was it not removed fully from the get go?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024