Author Topic: Compression hosiery  (Read 994 times)

Offline gimbals

Actually, they make some support stockings with an open toe - it's seamed so it doesn't come apart.  A lot of people with circulation problems have issues with their toes being compressed.

Offline Mature

• Posting Member
Yes I wear the open toe compression stocking. The compression stockings are mainly sized by ankle measurement, I wear x-small plus long. Even the seamed foot opening is actually on the small size for my wide shoe fitting and the seam does cut in across the foot behind the toes, but I live with it. 20 years on now and no oedema or ulcers. That's a plus :)

Offline gotgyne

Yes I wear the open toe compression stocking. The compression stockings are mainly sized by ankle measurement, I wear x-small plus long. Even the seamed foot opening is actually on the small size for my wide shoe fitting and the seam does cut in across the foot behind the toes, but I live with it. 20 years on now and no oedema or ulcers. That's a plus :)
I had tired and aching legs already as a teenager and wore support pantyhose since that time. After my mid twenties I had to change to medical compression hosiery, class 2. Since my first deep vein thrombosis in 2003 I wear even class 3, especially during the hot summer months. Meanwhile four deep vein thromboses but like you no edema and no ulcers. To summarize it, 13 years support pantyhose, since age 26 medical compression stockings or pantyhose until now. Makes 51 years, but I'm glad that I didn't develop venous ulcers, which is a very nasty thing. My uncle from my mother's side got them and it was not a nice look.
I wear both kinds of stockings, with closed and with open toe. Some companies sell compression stockings with closed toe and a long foot. For example Mediven with the stockings "mediven forte". In Germany this is possible, but I looked it up in the medi USA catalog and haven't found this type. Perhaps you may ask some retailers.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024