Author Topic: alcohol  (Read 3549 times)

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
when is it ok to get drunk pretty much lol?
its been a week post op so far.....

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
I got drunk 3 days post op.  ???

DrBermant

when is it ok to get drunk pretty much lol?
its been a week post op so far.....

Losing the ability to protect oneself during healing can endanger repairing tissues. Discomfort is nature's way of advising what we can and cannot do. Getting drunk impairs this feedback. This is the same issue as healing a cut or other injury. Abuse it too early and you may regret the mess you created.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Doctor - I wanted to ask you a follow up question.  Five days after my surgery is my girlfriend's mother's birthday.  Would it be alright to have 2 glasses of wine?
I'm having gland excision (no lipo).  Please let me know your input. 
Thank you.

DrBermant

Doctor - I wanted to ask you a follow up question.  Five days after my surgery is my girlfriend's mother's birthday.  Would it be alright to have 2 glasses of wine?
I'm having gland excision (no lipo).  Please let me know your input. 
Thank you.

I noticed you are asking a great number of questions about after surgery that should have been covered by your own surgeon before booking the surgery. The answer is really surgeon and technique specific. Let me give you an example. Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery can be a critical part of this answer. Although I prescribe a powerful pain medication for my patients, almost all tell me that plain Tylenol alone is more than enough for their comfort. Some techniques result in a great deal more pain and prolonged use of powerful pain medications. Quite a few of my revision gynecomastia surgery patients tell me that they needed such medication from their other surgeon's operation for one to two weeks. Alcohol while in pain or under strong pain medication is just not appropriate.  That is why patient education before surgery can be so critical for a successful operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024