Author Topic: OMG in less then a week...I am getting surgery  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
WOW,

Time passed so quickly, I remember like 5 months ago I thought this day would never come. I am like 5 days or so from surgery, I am extremely nervous...my parents dont know that I am getting this surgery. My brother will come with me, and we will go home together. How hard is it to get back to your senses after surgery? I have to walk into the house as normal as possible , is this possible? Every day I walk into the house I make a stupid joke and stuff, so I have to do this even if I am under pain so my parents dont notice anything.

also thanks for all the support I got from this web site, I will post POST OP pics when I am done with surgery and when everything heals and stuff. I will post on Friday how things went and stuff. I took a week off from work, will spend those days playing xbox 360 lol... cant work out for like 3-4 weeks, thats gonna be so hard for me. Also if anyone is wondering my surgeon is Dr. Jacobs.

Thanks everyone
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Good luck man! Pretty exciting huh? What games you gonna be playin on your 360?
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Good luck man! Pretty exciting huh? What games you gonna be playin on your 360?

Thank you, It is exciting, every time I to go the bathroom at work, and look at my chest. I kind of stand there and daydream for like 15 seconds of how it will look after. This gyne thing is like in burned in my brain that I cant imagine myself without it...I dont know if you know what I mean.... I lived with this for over 10 years and just thinking of me not having this, and having a normal chest is beyond my imagination right now. I guess I just have to wait and see how it ends up looking after surgery.

I am gonna pick up COD World at War on Tuesday, and play that for a week. I looked at the videos online and it seems like it has a very awesome single player.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Tell your parents you are going away for a couple days on a trip or something and stay in a motel for a couple days then you will be fine.  You can pull it off but you may be woozy after going under and you don't know how you will react.  I would have hated hiding it from my parents, so I told them and they actually came with me and stayed in my hotel with me.  They are understanding, yours may not be.  I just had surgery on this Monday and feel fine, but I did not feel that great the first night, each person is different.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
I know what you mean. And C.O.D. good taste of games there. Haven't played world at war, played modern warfare, that shit was good.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Good luck! I planned to have the surgery done without telling my mum, but in the end I told her... and to be honest, once I got home after surgery there is /no/ way I could have hidden that from her. I don't think anyway.

I have been playing World at War for a few months now and it is a very very good game.. I only play multiplayer, but I did go through the single player to unlock "zombie mode" haha and the single player is also very good! Well worth buying.

Offline chx.84

• Posting Member
Good luck mate, really hope it works out.  World at War will be a lot of fun to recover to - it consumed most of my Christmas with my brother. There is a bonus "Nazi Zombies" level at the end, unlocked when you complete all the missions, which we found deeply, deeply cathartic :) and I imagine will aid your recovery. 

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
I dont have lots of gland... its a minor case... lipo and excision will be done...but I dont think its going to be that intense. There is no way I can tell my parents about this, they would literally SNAP and they would feel betrayed since I didnt tell them about this. I told my mom once about surgery buy she totally ignored it, and kind of got mad at me for thinking that I am making this all up.

I will try to suck it up as much as I can, once I walk into the house I will go to my room...and try to get some sleep...if the pain kicks in, I will take the pain killer pills..or tylenol... the following days after I will just stay in my room playing games and stuf...surf the web.... I know my mom will probably notice that I am not the same...since she always does, but I can just play it off and say I got a cold or headache.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear about your mom's reaction.  That makes me mad when parents don't take this problem seriously.  I hope you don't treat your kids the same way (I am sure you will not).  I am really pulling for you.  You parents should not be mad that they were out of the loop, after all, they put themselves out of the loop.

Best luck.  You have a minor case and one of the world's best surgeons you should be fine!

Offline Godsson

Good luck man. When I had mine done they had to run tubes out of me to little sacks for the excess blood so there is noway I could have hidden it. The first couple of days were rough, but by the third day I was so bored I would just stand in my Living room because I was tired of laying on my back haha. Now looking back the four or five days of pain was nothing compared to how you will feel after!

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
its finaly time!!! lol
good luck bro.
jut try ur best to put absolutely no pressure or lift anything slightly heavy for the first couple of days.
the first few hours after surgey with jacobs should be smooth as butter. you'll be able to walk into ur house fine.
i'm no gonna lie to u though, after those first few hours, u'll be uncomfortable the next few days. try to have ur brother on call b/c u might need some help with simple stuff, like putting on a shirt

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
Hey man Copespo, you're getting surgery with Jacobs in NYC right?
Could you answer some questions for me? Im highly considering using him.

You said you have a minor case(i believe i do too), how much are you paying?

Assuming you dont live in the NYC area, where are you staying? And how long are you staying there after the surgery?

Are you doing the traditional gyne surgery or is he using the new scar-less Lipo method?

You'd be a big help thanks a million!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024