Author Topic: Finally Taking the Plunge  (Read 10474 times)

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
Guys, so glad you are sharing all of this... how are the scars? Or is it too early to tell? And what about work / school -- how much time off are you taking? Thanks for your help!

my surgery was on thurs, and i was at work again on mon. i get sore from time to time, but it is really a lot easier than i thought it would be.
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Guys, so glad you are sharing all of this... how are the scars? Or is it too early to tell? And what about work / school -- how much time off are you taking? Thanks for your help!

Much to early to tell on the scars, but like I said my incisions are only about 1/4-1/2" long. I go back to work today, I took about 3 days off. I work at Lowes as an appliance salesman so I am sure I am going to need a little extra help loading items, but I will work things out.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Yup definitely too early for scars.  Right now they're clearly noticeable, but I'm not worried about scarring because it will fade.

As for school and work, I'm on break right now fro college, start on Tuesday.  Work, I was lucky to take off for 2 weeks after I told my boss I was getting surgery; didn't tell him what exactly I was doing, but he allowed it.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well it has been one weeks since I went moobless. Got my stitches out today and I must say I can barely find the incision site it is that small, so that I am very pleased with. I still have a lot of swelling which the surgeon confirmed and said is quite normal at this stage. I don't have any bruising but he did set me up with a wide ace bandage for some extra compression. So right now I am wearing in order: wide acre bandage, compression vest, thinner ace bandage just over surgical site, tight underarmor shirt. That should keep the swelling down! All is going well and I have been scheduled for another follow up and endermology on 2/16. He said I only really need to be in compression for another week, but I think I cam going to wear it for the full 4-6 weeks to keep swelling in check.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
congrats! glad things went well

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
So... am I correct in thinking that there are only two visits post-op? Or are there more? Also, this vest business seems troubling -- can you really not notice it underneath clothes? Do you sleep and shower in it? I'm under the impression you shouldn't take it off AT ALL for 4 to 6 weeks. Is this right? And your surgeons -- how would you rate them 1 - 10? Thanks again for all your help.

I had two post op visits and go back on 2/16 to start endermology massage, to break up scar tissues and promote better healing. About the vest, mine is a velcro one that I had to add velcro to to make it stay tight. It isn't noticable under most clothing, I have been wearing Hinleys, sweaters, polos, and T-shirts without much hassle. I sometimes wear an Under Armour type shirt to help "smooth" over the vest so it isn't noticable. I sleep in it but remove it to shower. I was told to keep it on 23 our of 24 hours of the day. So far the surgeron seems like a good one, but I am still in the early stages of healing so I can't give a proper rating. It will be a while till I see my final results, right now the swelling is making it look nearly the same as before.

Offline fullonc

first post.
20 year with b-c cup. Got real creative with spandex, t-shirts and a sewing machine to hide things. wednesday I go for my procedure. antsy, nervous, a bit scared. Like the dr but still........
Like the positve things I read here. Helps with the anxiety specially as I am on my own-- friends live too far or can't take off work to assist for a day or two. So, it's good to hear that bed rest an little pain can be expected. Dr. Kapoor in LA is doing it If anyone else has had him do it let me know your experience,
I hope recovery is quick, I may only have off work till the first of march (affected by writer's strike and seems their solveing it now) and really need to be able to return to work when it starts back up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024