Author Topic: Revision, 2nd operation of gyno - scar tissue removed  (Read 3957 times)

Offline AndreasN

• Posting Member
Hello everyone.

Would like some advise on what do to from now on?

I made a post some time ago about my operation (with pictures)
You can find it here:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/14/please-take-a-look-don%27t-know-if-i-should-get-a-surgery-again-with-pictures!/

I just had a revision for external scar tissue removal. My surgeon told me he took out as much scar tissue as possible and also more glad / fat ( a bit unsure on which he said) but basically what he told me was, that he took out as much as he possible before reaching a dangerous level, referring it was getting close to the muscles in my chest and also he had to think about not making the result end up bad. So all in all, he took out the maximum what would be acceptable.

When the surgery was done, I asked if I should wear the compression west again, and he told me no, it wasn't necessary since the operation wasn't that big of a deal compared to my first one. However, I asked if I could get rapped in a bandage, stripped around my chest, just for safety sake. He agreed to pack me in and told me I could take it off the next day -I wanted 2 days to take it off.

Now im sitting here waiting for the swelling to go away, and wondering, what to do next?

My question is this:

Is there anything I should be aware of now? My plan is to sit calm infront of my computer, playing games and see movies for the next 14 days until I shall have my strings removed.

Food
Is there any food I should eat etc for a faster and better result for the healing underneath my chest. My main problem is that damn scar tissue. A friend of mine, in there, told me to eat apples, oranges and some pineapple.

Since I got operated I have been eating some very bad things such as pizza, burgers, drinking cola and such.

I know its generally bad for the bad with such fat foods, but i'm really in a bad periode of my life at the moment.

Do it harm to eat that?

What can I do myself to be sure I won't get any more scar tissue ruining my chest again? I do know there always will be scar tissue, but I have heard from several people you should be able to do some your self also.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Andreas

Its been 2 days now

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Congrats on second surgery or whatever you're supposed to say. Can I ask what surgeon you went to if it was in Sweden? I'm at the same bad period tbh. Was really hoping to get back to everything in life quickly and without people noticing anything but here I am.. 11 days post op and been away from work for 1 week.

Been eating bad myself.. very bad. Hope it works out.. for both of us.

Offline AndreasN

• Posting Member
4 days in a row now with junk  :-[. Tomorrow is a new start with healthy foods. Hope I haven't screwed up anything?
I went to see a surgeon here in Denmark, in Odense. He got his own practice.

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
4 days in a row now with junk  :-[. Tomorrow is a new start with healthy foods. Hope I haven't screwed up anything?
I went to see a surgeon here in Denmark, in Odense. He got his own practice.

Ahh okey, figured you were nordic when I saw your nick. Well I ate a bunch of chocolate cake and ice-cream today. Along with some pasta and bacon. Not 1 vegetable. Am however eating c-vitamin pills.
I have no idea how much difference it does when healing but tbh I'm not in the mood for going outside to shop or cook food at the moment...

I'm in this position where I don't know wether to regret the surgery or to be happy about it you know? Maybe I could've found another way, or found a way to live with it...

I try not to think about it by watching a bunch of good movies and shit but it all comes back when you can't meet up your friends on a saturday and you go to bed early, stare at the ceiling cause' you have to sleep on your fucking back..

Sorry for the depressing answer mate, it can only get better from here :)

Offline AndreasN

• Posting Member
Well in any case I am happy I had the surgery. I saw some pictures before I had the operation by the surgeon and wow.. Really glad I had  it! I'm excited to see the result now this second time. Going off now to the local store to shop amok in fruits hehe.

Thank you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024