Author Topic: Surgery tomorow with Dr. Karidis  (Read 4591 times)

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Hi guys,well the big day has almost arrived,im going through a lot of emotions just now ,anxious,nervous,exited ect ,then i lift my shirt up and think,am i doing the right thing......bloody right i am !
.I want to do all the things moob less free peeps take for granted,whether it be swimming,lying in the sun which i did anyways in some funny positions lol,wearing t shirts thats not dark and baggy.Thanks to all the guys who have kept a diary of there surgery pre-post,the information is priceless,feel like i know exactly what will be happening at hospital.Just away to get flight to london soon,back wed,hopefully post when i get home :)

all the best guys.

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
good luck mate- ur life is hopefully about to change 4ever!  ;D

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Thanks nicguy,well its over ,surgery done 6 hours ago and i feel fine a lot better than i expected,adnitted at 7.30 ,surgey at about 9.30,back in my room 11.am .Felt id been asleep 2 mins :) .The vest is tight but its got padding underneath which i take off tomorow,and by golly gosh its a meduim !that a first for years lol.So when i just wear vest without padding it shouldnt bother me as much,been wearing a sinilar vest from unnderworks for the past 4 months on and off,for guys that havent took the surgery step yet these underworks vests are really good under t shirts.
Mlast night in hotel tonight ,thyen fly tomorow,danabuis ,very nice hotel 5 -10 mins walk from st johns.
Let the healing begin now then,again thanks to all the guys who shared story of their experiance
and to this site,i dont think i would have done it had i not found it,and any more tips post surgey guys feel free to post,cheers. :) .

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
congratulations mate! hope u get good results. how much was the hotel then?

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
H ,the hotel is 100 pounds a nigt the most ive everpad ,but ust 5 min walkfrom st johns,and rooms aire spoton..

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply i will look into where the hotel is. how are u results looking? did u have a minor case
thanks again postiey

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
I would say my case was minor to some ive seen ,puffy nipples was main prob for me ,no matter how many years i spent doing bench presses,push ups ect ect wouldnt make any diff,i thought i took some pics in hotel before i left for surgery,but the phone was on video mode  :-[, .so ill see if i can find some old pics,then post new ones up soon.My results are amazing cant beleive how flat i look[wheres my muscle gone lol] only had the vest off once the following day when i changed plasters and showered ,day 2 now so think ill leave it till tomorow till i change into other vest as gettin it on and off aint too comfy.Another 12 days and im supposed to be back at work ,hmm may have to rethink that lol,healing time now,if yer thinking about doing it though do it now,patience is the key now.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
good to know u are happy with ur results mate! i suffer with mild gyne to and ye its a right pain especially when u try everything i felt like i was goin insane in the end trying all these different things weights diets etc not knowing or even heard of gynecomastia. this site is great

ive been lucky enough to have some money on the way so hopefully i will be rid of this, probably lookin like next year now tho.

be good to see pics if u got any. cheers

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Hello mate,

You are two days in the future from me. What does it hold?

I have had a butchers at my results. Overall it is so far, and I realise that's only one day out of surgery, looking about 80% right. Only slight issue is one side is slightly bigger than the other but this is most likely swelling being different as that side looks a little more bruised. I am fairly confident it will look perfect in a month or two. Defo the right decision.

So how's it for you?

Prolactimoma

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
@ Prolactinoma: dont be too quick to judge your results after 1-2 day time periods - 6 months to a year is more realistic..... i had mines done on the 24th November and for the first 10 days or so it looked awesome.... since then the scar tissue has formed and it looks very lumpy/bumpy in areas so my advice is to take pics every few weeks rather than every day- this will give u a better indication of what the final results may turn out like.

@phantom51red & Prolactinoma  ;D

All the best, and good luck

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Hey niguy,when did you start using massage oil/arnica cream ? do the bumps show under tshirts,well done on yer surgery too.

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
Hi phantom51red, i started massaging with some bio oil and some almond oil from about day 16 post op i think. To be honest the bumps are a little visible under certain tops but it isnt anywhere near the extent that gyno is/was. thanks mate.. well done on getting to the other side too...

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Hey niguy i got arnica cream but thinking i should get some bio oil too,cant wait to get day 7 never mind 16 lol, yeah i wouldnt worrry too much about small bumps ,apparantly they come and go for a good few months afterwards,like ye said early doors ,roll on summer eh  ;D
Are you vest free now then niguy ?

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Hi guys ,a quick update, 12 days post op now,took off under arm plaster a few days ago,still have nipple ones on though till day 14 ,everythings is going good into a routine now where i change the vest every 2 days, machine wash them, hang it over heater to dry after a quick spin in tumble dryer.
My chest is looking fine flat as,still a cracker of a bruise below left nipple area.I did some 10 kg dumbell curls yesterday,sit ups,and some back and felt twinges at times but nothin i couldnt handle,didnt do chest like !
2  more days of wearing the vest 24 hours then ill either wear it during day or night,gonna start with the massage tuesday too.
Had a call from Dr. Karidis but i didnt get it ,so he left message,will get in touch for a follow up in the coming months.
Well im sick of pinapple,started on 2 tins a day,now down to one,plus the bromlain tabs too.
Hope everyone is healing well,roll on summer. :)

Offline niguy13

• Bronze Member
hi mate- sorry for the late reply - glad to hear you're healing well. i would urge a bit of caution on the weights front. Im over a month post-op now and im just getting back into the starting a weight routine. However i did start at about 16-20 days post op. Make sure to take it easy and avoid anything that pulls on the chest too much... in the long run you could end up doing more harm than good.

In regards to the vest i only wear it for the odd half a day here and there... i wear a nike (rugby-like) training top that is snug but doesnt feel restricting like the vest did. I know what you mean about the pineapple i got sick of that after a week... i was having dreams about the stuff at one stage....

anyway happy new year mate and lets look forward to a gyne-free 2010  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024