Author Topic: Surgery in 9 days!  (Read 8446 times)

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
I have my surgery for gynecomastia and lipo under the chin next Thursday.  I know I have gland under my nipple and my doc said he was gonna remove 85-95% of the gland.  But he's only doing liposculpture, only if he can't get the rest of the gland out or thinks its necessary, then he said he would do excision as well.  Should I tell him on surgery day to just do excision along with the lipo? Or do you think I should let it go and trust him to make the decision. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:09:03 PM by dasani22 »

Offline ABCDEFG

• Posting Member
The doctor has probably done this shit many times before so i think he knows whats best.

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
The doctor has probably done this shit many times before so i think he knows whats best.
ok, I'm just worried That it will still have that cone shape behind my nipple, or the gyno will come back if he decides to just do lipo.  But thanks for answering my question.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Just keep letting him know that you want excision (in a nice way of course, i.e. don't tell him how to do his job). In the end he wants to keep you happy, as he would prefer not to have to go back for revision surgery and just get it right the first time.

If he mentions that he would only do lipo, let him know your concerns and see what he thinks.

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Just keep letting him know that you want excision (in a nice way of course, i.e. don't tell him how to do his job). In the end he wants to keep you happy, as he would prefer not to have to go back for revision surgery and just get it right the first time.

If he mentions that he would only do lipo, let him know your concerns and see what he thinks.

Thanks for the reply,  i' ll ask him in a nice way.  I see you had a successful surgery, congrats!   Any tips for my surgery, i ' m still a little nervous.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Can't really give any tips as such, it's obvious that you have found a decent surgeon, so there is nothing left for you to do other than trust him and his assistants and just go with it. You won't feel a thing, you will doze off then wake up gyne free.

All surgical operations carry some element of risk, but everyone will make you feel right as rain. And don't feel nervous because of your condition, they have seen it all before and will not think anything of it. Just have fun :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:59:59 AM by cecly »

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Can't really give any tips as such, it's obvious that you have found a decent surgeon, so there is nothing left for you to do other than trust him and his assistants and just go with it. You won't feel a thing, you will doze off then wake up gyne free.

All surgical operations carry some element of risk, but everyone will make you feel right as rain. And don't feel nervous because of your condition, they have seen it all before and will not think anything of it. Just have fun :D
only concern i have is with the general anesthesia, he said he would administer a light general anesthesia or I could choose local twilight.  He would like me to go with the general but i really don't like the tube down your throat thing.  Should i go with local?  He said the surgery should only take 1 hour.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
The only thing you will notice about the tube down your throat is that you will have a slight sore throat near when you are waking up (it goes away after a few swallows), and you seriously wont care because you will be that out of it/sleepy. If on the off chance you wake up before they take it out, you wont really care.

It's honestly up to you. Myself, I would prefer general, because you will not remember a single thing. With local and twilight sedation, you will recall a fair bit of the procedure but you wont freak out because you will be that out of it and you will probably have a shield in front of you anyway. Overall it's personal preference, with general you will go to sleep and wake up an instant later with it all gone, it is a really cool feeling. Local is cheaper.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:31:12 AM by cecly »

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
The only thing you will notice about the tube down your throat is that you will have a slight sore throat near when you are waking up (it goes away after a few swallows), and you seriously wont care because you will be that out of it/sleepy. If on the off chance you wake up before they take it out, you wont really care.

It's honestly up to you. Myself, I would prefer general, because you will not remember a single thing. With local and twilight sedation, you will recall a fair bit of the procedure but you wont freak out because you will be that out of it and you will probably have a shield in front of you anyway. Overall it's personal preference, with general you will go to sleep and wake up an instant later with it all gone, it is a really cool feeling. Local is cheaper.
Thank you cecly for answering my questions, i guess i' ll just go with general.  It's only 3 days away, can't wait to be gyne free.

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Well, my surgery is complete as of October, 2nd 2008! :)  So glad i did it.  I' ll explain step by step what I went through.   
I was supposed to be there at 6:40am (first surgery of the day), and i got there at 6:30 and walked in.  I was greeted by the nurse and asked to follow her to the back room.  She got my blood pressure, papers signed, and told me to undress and get into the robe they had layed out for me, and yes I kept my boxers on  ;D.  Next I went into another room where she told me to relax on this big recliner that was so comfortable.  I waited in there for about 15 mins.  The anesthesiologist came in first and asked me some questions about eating and past history then stuck the IV in my arm.  It was really funny when he was leaving, he thew me a magazine of Jennifer Aniston on the front cover and said "it's not much to look at but there's a few hot babes in there, just don't get to hot before surgery that gown shows everything" LOL.  He then left the room.  After about 10 mins later the Doc came in an drew on my chin and chest, this is when I told him I read some articles about excision being the only way to get the glands out and also told him about when i was at a lower bodyfat % you could see the glands real good.  He said that the "tumescent" or whatever technique will liquefy the glands and make them more easier to brake up, he also said that he will be making the incisions for lipo right below my nipple so if he has any problems getting the glands out with lipo he would get them out through the incisions.  He said "don't worry you will have a flat chest".  After that the doctor left and 5 mins later the nurse came in and took me to the surgery room.  It was about 7:30. I layed down on the table and my anesthesiologist strapped me in, and asked if i was ready, I said "yes", he put a mask on me told me to breathe in deep and in 5 seconds I was waking up in the recovery room.  It was about 10:00 and the nurse said I was done with surgery and had been recovering for about an hour now.  So she gave me some crackers and sierra mist, told me when i' ll be back for a post op visit in 8 days, and i got dressed.  I asked her if the doc did excision and she said no.  My dad came in and helped me get dressed and the nurse helped me walk to my car.  This all took about 20 mins, so 6:30am to 10:30am - 4 hours and no more gyne or double chin ;D.  I was in very little pain after the surgery but I did take a percocet and felt better.  I am very happy how the surgery went, very professional!  I can't wait to see my chest. 
2 questions though

1. It says on my post op paper I can shower in 48 hours, can i take off my vest to see my chest? (anxious ;))

2. Do you think the doc made the right decision from what I told you?  and would that be possible to get some gland out the way he described it? 
Thank you all!  This site changed my life.   I will get post op photos as soon as I take my vest off.

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
1 day post op pics,  doc did lipo only.  I know i should of waited 2 days but i was to anxious, haha.  I still think i' m dreaming... :D

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 04:37:22 PM by dasani22 »

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
and some more!!!

I think it looks awesome for my 1day post op.  Still swelling and all but how do you guys think my doc did?  1 out of 10

Offline tradersg

• Posting Member
your nipples are totally flat!

good job i guess

i myself is going for the surgery in 2 days time. the doctor didnt explain about gland tissue on me. we are almost the same case but my bodyfat % is slight lower and more chest muscles.
he only mention about liposuction too so later on i am gonna consult him regarding excision too

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
your nipples are totally flat!

good job i guess

i myself is going for the surgery in 2 days time. the doctor didnt explain about gland tissue on me. we are almost the same case but my bodyfat % is slight lower and more chest muscles.
he only mention about liposuction too so later on i am gonna consult him regarding excision too

yeah do it up, I like my results only problem i have which isn't real big is a little extra skin under my nipple.  Like when i feel behind my nip there is just emptiness, just skin.  I hope it tightens back down against the skin.

Offline MisterPeepers

• Posting Member
Dasani, congratulations!  A couple of questions..

What kind of pain were you in for the first few days? Looks like very little bruising.

Was that just lipo the doc did? I have a VERY similar gyne case to you in terms of body fat and how the chest looks/looked

Mind sharing who the doc was and how much $$ it cost

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024