Author Topic: Consultation with Plastic Surgeon + Insurance??  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Kill3rK

• Posting Member
Hey everyone! I'm hoping you can help me. Ive been browsing this site + others for some time now, but just recently seriously started considering surgery. I have an appointment set with a plastic surgeon for Thursday, but I have some questions first. What will this consultation mainly be about? This is the first time I will have spoken to him. I'm an 18 year old college student, and I am flat broke, so I'm praying that my insurance (Bluecross Blueshield) will cover the surgery. I know I need to tell him I'm in a lot of pain, and I cant sleep at night, but what else? What will really drive home the point that this isn't just cosmetic but medically necessary? Should I mention Breast Cancer in men runs in my family? Which it doesn't, but my grandmother, and great grandmother had it. Please don't comment and say "Well it really is only cosmetic so the chances are slim to none" i know what the chances are, Ive read almost every post like this one, but Ive also read a lot of posts about people successfully getting it covered. One guy said he stuck a needle onto his nipple and made it bleed, and let the blood dry there and showed it to the doc. LOL that's too far for me. Also, I know its not recommended that you drive after the surgery, but what if I hang out in the hospital for a bit? Because ill be having this surgery done on my own, no one will know.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024