Author Topic: Finally booked the surgery!  (Read 37716 times)

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
And now the nerves are setting it! lol.. I have a little over two weeks (March 8th, 9:45am) and the anxiety is rising. I am an anxious person as it is, but I have never been under GA and that's honestly the part that scares me the most.

I got the Dr. I wanted at the price I wanted, so that part is all good, its just the damn GA that scares me! Oh well, I am sure I will be fine and I sure can't wait to get on the other side. It's been a long time coming, can't wait!

Anyone have any advice for pre-op stuff? I've seen some people take some sort of vitamins etc.. Any advice would be appreciated! -- I'll post some before/after photos when I am all done.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
I'm in the same boat as you mate except i'm 5 days before you.  Thinking about it makes me feel sick at times..lol.

just can't wait for the day to come and go...

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
I'm in the same boat as you mate except i'm 5 days before you.  Thinking about it makes me feel sick at times..lol.

just can't wait for the day to come and go...

Lol I hear ya!!

Can't wait to get this done and over!!

Wheres your doc located?

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I know how you feel with the nerves building up and everything!  I had my surgery almost 6 weeks ago (this upcoming Thursday), and I too was more concerned about the GA than anything else.  It was all for nothing though.  The anesthetist was extremely skilled, and as long as you follow your pre op instructions and answer all of the questions they ask completely honestly, you should have no worries.  They take into consideration the last time you ate or drank anything, as well as any medications you may be on.  I was actually told to stop taking vitamins even about a week or two before the surgery.  I guess they want to be absolutely sure any of that is out of your system so it doesn't cause any reactions to what ever they may give you.  Once the day finally arrives, things will go surprisingly quickly!  The hardest part is hoping they thread the IV needle easily.  Once that's in, you will be good as gold.  It will seem like the blink of an eye, and it will be all done with!  I read up on the surgery plenty before hand, and I was still really nervous though, so it comes with the territory.  You'll do great, fear not!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
I know how you feel with the nerves building up and everything!  I had my surgery almost 6 weeks ago (this upcoming Thursday), and I too was more concerned about the GA than anything else.  It was all for nothing though.  The anesthetist was extremely skilled, and as long as you follow your pre op instructions and answer all of the questions they ask completely honestly, you should have no worries.  They take into consideration the last time you ate or drank anything, as well as any medications you may be on.  I was actually told to stop taking vitamins even about a week or two before the surgery.  I guess they want to be absolutely sure any of that is out of your system so it doesn't cause any reactions to what ever they may give you.  Once the day finally arrives, things will go surprisingly quickly!  The hardest part is hoping they thread the IV needle easily.  Once that's in, you will be good as gold.  It will seem like the blink of an eye, and it will be all done with!  I read up on the surgery plenty before hand, and I was still really nervous though, so it comes with the territory.  You'll do great, fear not!

Thanks a lot man! Just playing the waiting game lol.

The GA and (now) the drains are what's driving me up the wall. Surgery is on a Thurs, and I fully anticipated going back to work on Monday. Not sure how long the drains stay in, but I have read that some people aren't allowed to really leave the house do to risk of infection. I am in no position to miss anymore than a couple days of work. I will find out at my pre-op this thursday I suppose, but dreading the drains for SURE lol

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
And now the nerves are setting it! lol.. I have a little over two weeks (March 8th, 9:45am) and the anxiety is rising. I am an anxious person as it is, but I have never been under GA and that's honestly the part that scares me the most.

I got the Dr. I wanted at the price I wanted, so that part is all good, its just the damn GA that scares me! Oh well, I am sure I will be fine and I sure can't wait to get on the other side. It's been a long time coming, can't wait!

Anyone have any advice for pre-op stuff? I've seen some people take some sort of vitamins etc.. Any advice would be appreciated! -- I'll post some before/after photos when I am all done.

crossfit good luck man, I'm one week till surgery and am pretty nervous as well. I've been under GA once when i had my wisdom teeth pulled out but i woke up 3 times during that though which was awkward lol. good to see guys getting surgery around my date, hopefully we'll be able to help each other pre-post op.

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Nice! Where are you having the surgery done at? Lipo/excision?

Yea, we will def all be gimpin' around together for a week or two lol

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
Nice! Where are you having the surgery done at? Lipo/excision?

Yea, we will def all be gimpin' around together for a week or two lol

lol yeah, I'm having the surgery in central florida (orlando-Dr. Pope), its a 3 hour drive from where i live but I'm sure it'll be worth it once everything is complete.

he'll be doing both lipo and the excision, i think my case is kind of mild, i have pretty puffy nipples and some fat.

what about you?

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Very cool.

Doing it here in so cal, Dr Fred Corbin. Doing both excision and lipo, I wouldn't consider my case mild; however some may. I actually have a couple photos up in the User Photo section.

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
just checked them out, you look good with a shirt on, i wouldn't be able to wear something like that though but i can see when its a problem once the shirt comes off.

ill probably try to post up some pictures sometime after surgery.

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
just checked them out, you look good with a shirt on, i wouldn't be able to wear something like that though but i can see when its a problem once the shirt comes off.

ill probably try to post up some pictures sometime after surgery.

Yea, thats without a doubt the best it looks.. Most the time I am self conscious as with a reg t shirt, I wear more sweatshirts than anything.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Mine is in about 5 weeks. Nervous, but excited too. I am not going under fully, just the whole twilight thing which is more kind of worrisome because I want to be OUT. But then again - no assisted breathing crap either.  I kind of wish I could have got some benzos for the next month to mellow me out before the surgery (for my wife too). Mine is a little more complicated because I have decided to toss in a little laser lipo under my neck, as long as he me on the table. Hard to hide that work.

Both pre and post opp instructions on meds and supplements have been sent - no aspirin or Ibuprofen. But also no vitamin E or fish oil. Bunch of other stuff too not to take before and after for a while.   

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Mine is in about 5 weeks. Nervous, but excited too. I am not going under fully, just the whole twilight thing which is more kind of worrisome because I want to be OUT. But then again - no assisted breathing crap either.  I kind of wish I could have got some benzos for the next month to mellow me out before the surgery (for my wife too). Mine is a little more complicated because I have decided to toss in a little laser lipo under my neck, as long as he me on the table. Hard to hide that work.

Both pre and post opp instructions on meds and supplements have been sent - no aspirin or Ibuprofen. But also no vitamin E or fish oil. Bunch of other stuff too not to take before and after for a while.  

right on! In regards to the benzo's, you could probably get some valium or something pre-op if you tell them your freaking out. Probably won't hand you a script, but maybe one or whatever to help you chill out.

Funny, I thought they'd just prescribe me vikes for the post op pain, but the anesthesiologist called me today to ask what kind of pain medicine I respond to best; I told her I honestly didn't know because I've only taken a few in my life, and she said we'll just go with dilaudid lol! My wifes mom gets this stuff when she has really bad migraines, supposed to work well!

Anyway, cool about the neck lipo, if I had a few more bucks I'd def have the doc hit my love handles..but that would just be icing on the cake. As long as my bodyfat isn't out of control my 'handles look just fine.

Still trippy to even try and imagine having a flat chest lol.

edit: Oh yea, the twilight sedation is legit. When I broke both my arms dirtbiking about 8 years ago, they used it on me. I would go in and out while I watched them set my arms in place, not giving a SHIIIT! lol. I haven't fully discussed what kind of sedation/anesthesia I am going to use. Go in thurs for my pre op and I am sure that's when that will be covered.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Thanks crossfit99,

Half joking on benzos. I have had worse anxiety then this. Although I have a few tebs somewhere in the medicine cabinet I think.

I have the extra bucks right now and the cost is only incrementally more, 6700 base for the gynco and about 2000 more for the neck/chin. It would be 5000 grand if I went back separately. It is complete icing on the cake, nothing as emotional as the gyno, but it is an area (like the gyno) that has not gone much away with my other weight loss. I am also much older then most of the guys here and this will be my little midlife treat (no sports car no mistress).

I am told the twilight thing will be part of the cocktail, and I will just go peacefully asleep and wake up with no passage of time. That would nice.

I am trying not to be overly optimistic, to expect a perfect chest. I would be fine with a "hey, not too bad!".... ya know?

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Thanks crossfit99,

Half joking on benzos. I have had worse anxiety then this. Although I have a few tebs somewhere in the medicine cabinet I think.

I have the extra bucks right now and the cost is only incrementally more, 6700 base for the gynco and about 2000 more for the neck/chin. It would be 5000 grand if I went back separately. It is complete icing on the cake, nothing as emotional as the gyno, but it is an area (like the gyno) that has not gone much away with my other weight loss. I am also much older then most of the guys here and this will be my little midlife treat (no sports car no mistress).

I am told the twilight thing will be part of the cocktail, and I will just go peacefully asleep and wake up with no passage of time. That would nice.

I am trying not to be overly optimistic, to expect a perfect chest. I would be fine with a "hey, not too bad!".... ya know?

Great man, exciting stuff!

Yea, I hear ya. I keep looking for before/afters of a guy with my build and same kind of gyno to help envision what mine may come out like...Hard to do lol. All I can hope for is, no crater and no nipple deformity and I'll probably be thrilled. It's all nerves leading up to something like this, especially for those of us that have never had anything cosmetic done.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024