Author Topic: Surgery completed March 8th 2016 - First day post op  (Read 2047 times)

Offline wvalum07

• Posting Member
First day post-op!
Feeling better than I thought I would. Had lipo + excision. Pretty bruised up in my armpits and upper chest. I have a wrap binder on, more like an abdominal binder instead of a vest style. I'm planning to call the Dr. and see if he recommends any vest styles instead. Depending on how long I need to wear the binder, this style I think will be kind of annoying.
Have 2 drains, so far not draining much, which is good!
Pain isn't too bad. Normally I take maybe 3 ibuprofen a year (not a fan of medicines!) but I'm trying to be a good patient and take the pain pills as instructed. They certainly help.
I can't shower until tomorrow. So I'm pretty excited to take the binder off and see what it looks like under there. I know it won't look anything like what the final product will be, but knowing the gland is gone will be huge  
I go back next week for a follow up, and we'll see what happens!
I can't believe its finally over! After 22 years of misery, its done! Such a life changer already, and I haven't seen what it looks like yet  

Offline joshhyu

Great to hear! Just had my op today!, hows is it going now?

Offline wvalum07

• Posting Member
Post op day 2 - got some sleep last night. Feeling better today than yesterday. Still very bruised up. But I get to shower today! So I'm pumped to take the binder off for the first time and see what it looks like underneath. I can't wait! 
I have 2 drains in right now, haven't drained more than 20cc each day since I came home. So I'm hoping I'll be able to pull them in the next couple days. Once those are out, I'll feel better about moving around.

Offline lindtraxx

• Posting Member
Hi there, just hade surgery today to, im at the clinic now lying in a bed watching some netflix , i feel pretty sore in my cheast but suprisply not so much pain, im gonna stay the night here and going home tomorrow morning, i have a binder on it feels super uncomfortable :p got to take a shower on wednesday. Cheers mate

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024