Author Topic: surgery DONE... with pre and post pics :)  (Read 4618 times)

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Sunny, post op looks great. congrats on being gyne free.

I have some concaving too on one side and I can tell you that it has improved over the last week or so (from week 1 - 2 post op), if only slightly. Its stil there but I think these things take time to fill back out again. anyway, there is hope it will improve yet lol .

Your op advice is spot on btw. Food shopping is the last thing i would have wanted right after the surgery. If you have someone to care for you then fair enough, but as I was on my own I could have done with having a table of food set up by bed before hand lol

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Next day wow i wish that was on offer when i had my consultation.  I'm about 3 months post op with Karidis and although there is a little scar tissue i'm made up with the results.  I need to massage more often but have been too lazy too. 

I do get paranoid that what if it comes back but these are probably all natural emotions. 

Your results look great well done mate.

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
results look good! just had my surgery too, you can probably see a similar concaving with me in my pics, i think it should go away or at least reduce over time, thats what i was told. keep us posted, and congrats!

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
Just read your post more thoroughly, really don't worry too much about the indenting. Your indents looks quite similar to mine, and I was so freaked out when I first saw everything that I called Amy on the emergency line (at like 10.30pm). I got in to see the nurse for reassurance next day, and apparently its very common. As the skin gradates up in the coming weeks, should see it improve significantly.

It is something they really should better prepare you for, but having said that they do so many procedures there its fair enough to say that we should research some things ourselves beforehand too.

I am curious to see update pics on your indents

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member
How is the healing coming on mate?

Hey, healing has been OK i guess. chest started to heal and indents started to fill up around week4-week5. but i injured my foot last week which put me on a crutch. and ever since ive been using it, it has increased the swelling of my chest, so ive stopped using the crutch...... its like ive taken a big step back. had 80% of mobility back after week 4-week5. bus since ive used the crutch, its reduced back down to 40%. I SERIOUSLY ADVICE EVERYONE not to do any sort of exercise for a good two months until everything has healed.

with scaring, there is some under each nipple. im guessing thats because of scare tissue which should go away very soon (cant wait :) . scars near the armpits are unnoticeable by the naked eye so thats all good.

ive stopped massaging day and night and only do it in the morning with soap for 5 minutes. scar tissue is still there but im hoping it will die out so im not panicking just yet.
Feel free to comment on the new pics (around 6 weeks post op)
how is recovery with you?

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
?Cant see your pics mate...

Well its good to hear that your chest filled out again. I know mine has even filled out some more in the last couple of weeks - the good kind of filing out, not the gyne kind! - and I'm nearly 2 months post op. I guess its true what they say, that healing is going on until the 6 month mark and even though its natural to worry you just got to wait it out I guess. Hopefully that dreaded scar tissue will improve for you yet.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:29:00 AM by captain chesty »

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
?Cant see your pics mate...

Well its good to hear that your chest filled out again. I know mine has even filled out some more in the last couple of weeks - the good kind of filing out, not the gyne kind! - and I'm nearly 2 months post op. I guess its true what they say, that healing is going on until the 6 month mark and even though its natural to worry you just got to wait it out I guess. Hopefully that dreaded scar tissue will improve for you yet.  

Captain Chesty (awesome name), I hope you're right about the whole filling out thing... As of tomorrow I am 4 weeks post op with karidis and some significant convcaving is there. Judging by my pics it is something that has worsened, though its been there since day 1, particularly on my left.

just updated my thread with some pics of this so take a look if u get a sec

i am hopeful things will fill out :-S

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024