Author Topic: Bras in summer heat  (Read 2637 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
With the warmer getting weather, I've been contemplating what lies ahead.  Wearing a bra in cold weather is easy.  Plenty of layers to help hide the bra.  When it gets hot though, it's typically one thin layer.  The thinness of the shirt will already lend to the bra being more discoverable, not to mention the shape of your breasts, and when it's hot enough to sweat, sweat from your torso goes to the shirt, except, I imagine, for the area covered by the bra, leaving a bra shaped dry spot on your shirt.

So any tricks to avoid these issues?  

Offline Johndoe1

Unlined bras and lace cup bras are much cooler in the summer than padded bras, which make you warmer in the winter. Also a cotton layering tank keeps the sweat from showing through your top layer shirt. I have no problems dressing like that.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

aboywithgirls

I also second what John said. Lace cup bras are going to be your best friend in the summer months. Bras also keep you from sweating at you IMF or inter mammary fold.

Elomi has some great lace cup bras.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
The BarelyThere bra has become my go-to bra.  I think the fabric is quite breathable, so I think I'm fine there.  Guess I can try wearing a second shirt, though not a preferred option when it's in the 90s-100s.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Looser tops both hide and allow for some air.  I wear tanks quite a lot in the summer which also helps

Offline blad

I would find it intolerable not to wear a bra in the summer, it controls the boob sweat for one.

T shirts always have a higher risk of visibility if that is a concern. While a button up shirt with a pattern and perhaps a darker color can conceal the bra outline quite well. The shirt can actually be quite thin and cool while covering up well. 

I think a T shirt without a bra will bring excessive attention to ones breasts as they bounce around uncontrollably. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
a button up shirt with a pattern and perhaps a darker color can conceal the bra outline quite well
and starching the shirt!  :)  (I haven't experienced a sweaty summer yet since I thought to give this a try, but it has worked well in our very mild winter.)

CoffeeAndCake

Instead of a single shirt or golf polo etc that would make a tent in your shirt. Wear a camisole or mens or womens tank top under. I have found this to help tremendously with both bra and braless efforts in keeping my boobs in place with the bra and the tank top pulled and tucked in under my daily shirts keeps the boobs uniformed and not tenting out. If you look from the front you can't tell i have a bra or roundness or my braless breasts. But from the sides if you are staring you will tell there is something there. I'm a b cup and wear seamless/wireless bras for the most part or comfort pull over ones that blend in seamlessly and are light in material that breathes easy like barelythere bras or maidenform. For my wired bras I find a good demi or lace bra or balconette works great. 

Offline Johndoe1

I would find it intolerable not to wear a bra in the summer, it controls the boob sweat for one.

T shirts always have a higher risk of visibility if that is a concern. While a button up shirt with a pattern and perhaps a darker color can conceal the bra outline quite well. The shirt can actually be quite thin and cool while covering up well.

I think a T shirt without a bra will bring excessive attention to ones breasts as they bounce around uncontrollably.
As hard as it might be to believe, since I started wearing bras, I get noticed less by men and the ladies who do notice will usually either ignore me or give me a small smile. You can't imagine how much that is a confidence booster to be accepted like that. I am careful that when I wear a tee shirt, I wear a smooth cup tee shirt bra. You don't see the outline of a bra with it and they usually don't make the girls stand out more than normal. Be careful of the projected bras with molded cups, you want just to naturally round the breasts in a natural look and there are molded cup bras that do that. I have found that if I keep my breasts looking natural, even in a fitted shirt, the attention drawn is minimal. If I wear a bra that has projection, I will get tagged every time. But then there are sometimes, I don't mind being noticed. Depends on who is doing the noticing! :D

DW20

Thumbs up for lace, though I find a standard underwired bra is much cooler than braless.

Regarding discretion a fair strongly patterned bra combined with a patterned top helps.

Counter intuitively red bras (experiment with shade) notice far less than white, cream, beige or nude. - a tip for which I will forever be grateful  to a female friend

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Counter intuitively red bras (experiment with shade) notice far less than white, cream, beige or nude.
Interesting.  I wonder why that is.  Seems to me, matching skin tone would be the way to go.  Are you sure you just don't have a really bad sunburn on your chest?

DW20

I am almost white skinned on chest and torso and do not sunbathe as I have had a couple of basal cell carcinomas removed. Factor 50 is routine on all exposed skin.
I know it seems counter intuitive, I cannot say red is unnoticeable under a white T shirt but much less obvious than white / beige /nude options

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
This summer has been a hot one for sure.  I’m at a place where I don’t care if people see my straps and hooks when I’m wearing a t shirt.   I mostly wear red, gray and black t shirt, but I’m not trying to hide anything.  I’m aiming for comfort first and appearance second.

aboywithgirls

I'm in the same camp as most here. I don't try to hide my girls. I'm a 36H in most of my bras. To try and hide the fact that I am wearing a bra is pretty silly.

In the summer months I will usually wear a lace cup underwire bra. It's really the best way to avoid boob sweat that occurs at the inframammary fold. The underwire keeps my girls lifted and keeps them cool and the lace cup allows them to breathe. You will also want to be aware that if you have sensitive nipples like I do, you will want to get some nipple petals if you are wearing a thinner top. If you don't, you will find yourself on highbeams when you are in the A/C or especially grocery shopping in the produce, meat, or frozen foods section. 

The other trick that helps are ladies tank tops or even camisole. They allow for better cooling than a tshirt. The reason why I say ladies tank top is because the arm openings are smaller and the shoulder straps are wider and you don't end up showing everyone what color bra you are wearing underneath. 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I’m a 42 B/C so I can’t hid mine either.  I do have underwire lace bras that I wear for work or if I’m outside in the heat.  The cotton bras can sweat through shirts sometimes, depending what I’m doing.
I’m not really a tank top guy, but I’m willing to try it.   I wear a cami or a tank top under my scrub tops for work.   Since Covid, I’ve been wearing a thinner t shirt under my gown to stay cool.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024