Author Topic: Forgetting you are even wearing a bra  (Read 2896 times)

Offline blad

With wearing a bra daily for a long term, I find I usually forget I even have a bra on for much of the day. Its there, but I do not really register it's presence as I go about my activities. If I head out into a public setting, having a bra on is the last thing on my mind and in no way influences my confidence in the public setting. I would assume this is how it is for most women, and it also presumes a comfortable well fitting bra. 

In those rare cases I am braless, even for a few minutes around the house, I become very aware of the lack of support and find it very bothersome. I can't imagine why some women chose to be braless. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Johndoe1

That's a pretty accurate description for me, including the being braless part. I put it on in the morning and I don't think about it again unless I do something that causes me to remember I have a bra on or it's time to take it off. I don't even see if anyone looks anymore. Very few do, if any.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I can relate to that.  It is rear that I'm braless, maybe for a moment in the morning and when I take it off at night.   Prior to wearing a bra, I knew that my boobs bounced around and that it was uncomfortable.   I thought that it was something I had to deal with since I dealt with it starting at age 11.  I accepted having breasts in my late teens or early 20's and toyed around with the idea of wearing a bra, but never did it.   Since I've been wearing a bra daily for over a year, I'm happy with the decision to do it and I usually forgot that I'm wearing one.  I still give myself a once over, just to make sure I look good and be on my way.  I ask my wife how I look sometimes and her response is always " wear whatever is the most comfortable to you".   I'm now very aware of how uncomfortable it is to walk up or down a flight of stairs, walk quickly or run, jump, etc without a bra on.  So, I'll wear something like a soft cup bra at home and when I'm out of house, I'll wear an underwire bra to stop a lot of bouncing and movement.  

I think that if you wear a proper sized and well fitted bra, it's very easy to forget that you are wearing one.   I don't rip mine off the second I walk in the door like many of the women I hear about.  Comfortable all day for me.

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Putting on a bra has become a natural process of getting dressed in the morning for me. I typically choose the bra and the shirt (outfit, if you will?) that I think go best together and will not announce I am wearing.  I then go about my day without hardly thinking or remembering I am wearing a bra.  It has been like this for the past 3-4 years.  For some reason I am braless for any length of time my breasts start to hurt, which is why I started to wear.  I also do not like the movement or the nipple chaffing. I would think about my breast much more during the day if I was braless than I do when wearing a bra.

When I stop to think about the fact I am a 62 year old man wearing a bra it sounds weird, but then I need it just like any female. I think accept it and move on. It is the same attitude I have when I walk into Soma bra shopping.  I have breasts and I need a bra. That concept ha given me a lot of confidence when shopping.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’ve been wearing a bra for a relatively short time compared to most, just 5 months. But, it has become second nature to put one on after making coffee. I’m very aware when not wearing one in the morning as I quite feel the wiggle and jiggle. They just feel so sensitive for some reason. Sometimes makes me feel like they’re not done growing yet.
For the most part I do forget I’m in a bra except for when the bra is doing it’s job. I’m fairly active and one of the things I’ve noticed is I no longer have to grab my chest going over bumps when driving. I still can’t believe that I waited this long. Guys, if surgery is not on the table, wear a bra!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:40:53 PM by Traveler »

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
I'm definitely used to wearing a bra and forgetting that I'm wearing a bra through out the day. Only time I noticed the bra is when the straps slides down my shoulders or if the band isn't fitting right. A proper fitted bra is key to comfort.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
I don’t forget when I’m not wearing a bra, because the constant jiggling reminds me I am going braless. 

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
I certainly agree with most of the responders.  Putting it on in the morning is just a natural ritual now, and going about my day I rarely feel it anymore.  Straps are a problem though

Offline Johndoe1

Strap width from the center line plays a part as well. A wideset bra will have straps that set farther apart on the shoulders.

Offline Johndoe1

Bras with wide gores. Three fingers or more between the breasts are considered wideset. Because the cups are farther apart, the straps will be farther apart as well. Plunge styles will usually have straps farther apart to allow more of the cleavage to be seen in low cut tops.

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
For me it’s about 50/50.  

When I am by myself I often forget that I am wearing a bra, but when I am around other people I am very self conscious about it.  

I have only been wearing a bra now for a few months, but I imagine with time I will think about it less. 

Offline blad

Half of the mature male population has some sort of departure from ideal. There are many out there with moobs, but greater still are a large number with the uni moob called a gut. Maybe they should bring back to corset for gut control.

So it is normal to be abnormal. 

bikerbob

In 3 1/2 years of wearing a bra every day, I have caught 2 women and a 12 year old girl staring at my chest.  The rest either don't notice or just don't care.  

Offline Johndoe1

I'm jealous. Had less in the same time!

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
That is interesting you are more apt to wear a bra out of the house instead of in front of your wife. I wore in front of my wife first. In fact, when I was diagnosed with gynecomastia she said "all breast tissue needs support no matter how little".  She had me try on her cami that moment and then I went to bras about 6 months later.  My annual mammograms help confirm my need to wear as I have grown over the past 6 years.

Good luck with your wife. If you have breast tissue, she should understand the discomfort.  Since I am on T for bone health, my endocrinologist says my breasts may hurt forever. The T does that to it. She also instructed me not to get them removed.

Interesting, you need to accept a lot of change when getting old....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024