Author Topic: New and need guidance  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Hello everyone I've luckily just found this site and this will be the first time ever in my life I'll be speaking on Gynecomastia.

I'm 22 years old and deeply depressed. I've had gynecomastia since I was 12 which came out of no where. I remember taking my shirt off getting ready for PE (physical education) and a friend close by saw my chest and laughed. Since that day I never took my shirt off during PE. Its stopped me having a serious girlfriend, enjoying myself, wearing the cloths I like and being more confident.

My chest is very puffy and fat. I don't have a camera so won't be able to take a picture but I have fat under the armpit and my chest always sticks out badly. For some reason my chest does harden when wet, cold or working out. But even then it still looks weird.

I'm 5'7 180 pounds (bit overweight at the moment) and have always been in good shape during my childhood. But its just gotten worse as the years roll on. I was never man enough to speak about my condition to my mum or my doctor for the fear of embarrassment.

I can't afford surgery at the moment, maybe not for another three to four years. What options do I have?

If I go to my Doctor how would they deal with my gynecomastia?

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Karidis sounds like my best option. I need to raise 4 grand though. :'(

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Since you have had this condition for a while, it is likely that surgery will offer you the best option for a smooth, trim and contoured chest.

However, if surgery can't be considered for a while, then you can do two things that will help a lot:

1. lose weight through diet and exercise
2. wear compression garments to give you a better shape.

Neither of the above is perfect for all situations -- but it will help until you can afford the operation.

Best of luck!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Since you can't afford surgery, and you sound overweight.

I suggest some cardio andsome chest exercises if needed.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024