Author Topic: 18 & Looking into Surgery - In Need of Some Guidance - With Pics  (Read 3480 times)

illuzionz23

Hey there,
I’ve had gyne since I was in 4th grade, now I’m a senior in High School. I had hopes that it would go away seeing that none of my brothers, nor my dad had this problem but it hasn’t, and at this rate I don’t believe it will.

Before looking around the internet and finding out about gyne about a month ago, I tried to work out and diet my problems away. I started in the middle of my sophomore year at 5’10 and 215 pounds to the start of my senior year where I was still 5’10 but now 155 pounds.  My gyne problem had definitely decreased, but it was still very noticeable.

Now im in the middle of my senior year and I gained 20 pounds due to stress (fulltime student and parttime job) and I took a break from working out and took a break from my diet, weighing in at 175. I’m at that point where I’m desperate to get rid of this problem and looking into surgery.

But there is one problem, I’m only 18 and at the moment can’t afford to pay for this all at once?
Any help from those who experienced my problem and can help guide me, it would be VERY much appreciated.

Im also looking into and hoping to get it done by Dr. Bermant, I've seen his posts here and it clearly shows that he has much knowledge in gynecomastia.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:08:59 PM by illuzionz23 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is confiding in your parents and asking for financial help an option?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

illuzionz23

Is confiding in your parents and asking for financial help an option?

GB

forgot to mention that, getting help from my parents is not an option.
i'll be on my own like usual  :-\

its not an option because i already know whatd they say,
being that, i had an acne problem before, and it was bad -
bad to a point where i use to go hang out and chill everyday to staying home for months in a row, making up excuses such as me being on vacation.
when i decided to talk to my parents about it i got extremely negative feedback, which i didnt expect  :-\ -it still hurts mentally juss thinking about it
i had asked for $100 to buy a regimen plan at acne.org after doing much research and after trying many other things such as proactiv, acnefree, neutrogena, clearsil, etc and was disapproved
i was crying myself to sleep every now and then for a few nights since then- i eventually saved enough to buy a regimen- and it saved my life.

now im here facing my next obstacle
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:19:28 PM by illuzionz23 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

illuzionz23

I can't really explain the severity of my G so I took a number of pics from different angles so you could see.
Also these pics are from now weighing in at 175 and 5'10 the fattest I've been for a while-
With some exercising and dieting I'll be able to go back to my normal weight of 160

It may not look so bad in pics but if I were to wear a plain white tee in public, you can definitetly see my G,
its been pointed out by a select few friends of mine too  :-\

I don't know if ya'll who experience G feel the same way, but it seems as if everything I eat, the fat goes to my chest.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I realize that this is not much of a consolation, but since you feel that your mom and dad will not help you financially and cannot afford surgery otherwise, the only thing you can do until you can afford surgery, is to minimize the appearance by wearing a compression shirt. Available at many sports stores. You mention that you have a part-time job. Save every penny you earn and before you know it, you will have enough for surgery.

Are you in the US?

GB

illuzionz23

:-\
figured so...

well at least everything should be a little better now that i've discovered compression shirts. any reccomendations?
i bought one Marena for $76 then i found GC2 compression tanktops a couple hours later for only $20  :-\ and decided to get a GC2 one also
now im on a quest to find the best compression tank tops so i could buy a batch till i can afford surgery

Offline SoX

• Posting Member
your body shapes almost exactly the same as mine and i know how you feel its like if u had em lopped off you would look good in any tee but instead you have to choose your clothes so carefully and i put my hands up my shirt along my smooth stomach and then theres about 3 inches sticking out i live in the u.k and i am tryin to save up for a surgery with karidis aswell as a car very frustrating

illuzionz23

^^^ yea sucks, guess some people are juss unlucky
good luck with your savings- my plan is too finish college get a degree for an RN, and then finally get my surgery when im in good financial standing
it would be impossible for me to save +$3000 and then use it all on surgery as of right now
im hoping that these compression vests do work tho, it would literally save my life for the meantime, cant wait for them to arrive
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:11:03 PM by illuzionz23 »

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I feel for your situation, dude. But take GB's word for it, the compression vests are great, they REALLY smooth out your contours!

illuzionz23

i got the vests in like 4 days ago, and dang, its a life saver
i got one from marena for 76 + shipping
and one from gc2 for 20 + shipping

and the marena one is just straight great, good quality, great compression
i went to work wearing it feeling akward cause you can defitnetly see the difference, my boss was giving me that weird look
but dang, makes your gyne disappear in the meantime.
The major problem with this temporary solution is that it stretches over time- but it can take one hell of a beating :-\

as for the gc2, not so great, quality is ehh, compression is not good enough for to fully hide it , its feels like a tight tanktop-not a compression vest, lastly after some snooping around the forums, i saw posts that gc2 stretches easily

marena was defitnetly worth the money
if any1 can reccommend me other compression tanktops, id love to try them

Offline nitro1437

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024