Author Topic: This is getting out of hand.  (Read 2384 times)

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
My gynecomastia is not getting any worse, but my mind sure is.  I used to be able to deal with it pretty well, but now it is affecting every day and every hour of my life.  I wear two or three shirts on hot summer days to cover it up, or I'll wear a hoodie in the middle of the summer (as I have been doing) to cover it up.  Lately, I have even binding my chest with cloth sports bandaging (whatever the stuff is called) to help hide it...  I am late to work in the mornings because I spend so much time trying to find a shirt to wear.

When gynecomastia gets to a point where it impacts every aspect of your life, how can an insurance company refuse to cover treatment, calling it cosmetic and unnecessary?
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free!

Offline matty

• Bronze Member
I think everyone who is member here feels that way.

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
I agree.
The question is, what are we going to do about it?  What can we do about it?

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
  put in overtime and save your money... your a healthy  young man,  bust your ass and get the money,  you can do it!!!!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are cases where a well written letter from a psychologist has influenced an Insurance Company to reverse a prior decision to deny surgical treatment for Gynecomastia.

It is not an easy thing to do, but it is possible. You would have nothing to lose from trying. The denial of benefits is not truly final until you give up. Check your insurance policy and you will find that there is a mechanism for appeal.

The old rule applies: Anything worth having is worth fighting for.

Follow the previous advice and start saving while you file your appeal. In other words, Hope for the best while you plan for the worst.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
maybe it's just me, but i was the reverse.  i still hate mine and want it gone, but living with it became much easier for me after finding the site (after a few days spent on a gyne yahoo board i lost interest in thanks to a bunch of hostile accepters, fine whatever) because
  1.  i understood it was a condition, not me being a lone freak
  2.  i understood it was "benign" (HAHAHAHAHAHA), not cancer in remission.
  3.  i realized other people have it, many of them worse than me. 
  4.  i learned 1-2 additional concealment techniques  ;)
  5.  i understood i now have control over whether it stays or goes, guess which  >:(
  6.  understanding all this i improved my attitude and ability to tell anyone who made fun of it to go to hell and not care what they might think. 
  7.  it may have been too late to prevent the damage it did, if the net had existed 20, 10, or 5 years before, but it opened my eyes to who a true friend and two false friends had been before i knew all this. 
  8.  i understand it's possible to help others who still don't know yet what this is. 
i'll never be at peace with it, but for me that's all a big difference.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024