Author Topic: Why doesnt this site just like sponsor a doc  (Read 4902 times)

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
There is a huge market of people on this site getting surgery. Maybe if someone told a doctor about the site he might give a deal for the surgery since theres likle hundreds of people saving up for or in the process of getting surgery. If not we will all go different places different countries and get different results I dont have 5000 for sugery but 2000 I can get, lets make something happen here.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
medicine is not something that gives discounts happily, at least in the states, and since it's not at the slow end of the demand curve, the odds of anything off for volume are probably not good.  some docs do sponsor the site for listings, which helps provide the service in a way, but they do that for exposure to clients. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
At the end of the day, PS's are business men/women. They are 'in business' to make money, not to give huge discounts to people who only have '$2000'. I'm not trying to be nasty with you here johnny, but that is just the way it is. Think about it... if you needed a car and the cost was $30,000....  would you tell the sales guy/girl that he/she should sell you the car for $10,000 because that is all you got? What do you think they will tell ya? Well you probably know what they would tell ya....  ;)

But yeah, I hear what you are say'n there dude...  it would be nice to get some sort of discount from some of the docs that post here... maybe 10% or something of the likes. ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
30% OFF ANY SURGERY PERFORMED FROM A DOCTOR AT THIS SITE , not good with any other offers other expires ,yesterday

THERE IS a  coupon, try to use LOL

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
At the end of the day, PS's are business men/women. They are 'in business' to make money, not to give huge discounts to people who only have '$2000'. I'm not trying to be nasty with you here johnny, but that is just the way it is. Think about it... if you needed a car and the cost was $30,000....  would you tell the sales guy/girl that he/she should sell you the car for $10,000 because that is all you got? What do you think they will tell ya? Well you probably know what they would tell ya....  ;)

But yeah, I hear what you are say'n there dude...  it would be nice to get some sort of discount from some of the docs that post here... maybe 10% or something of the likes. ;)

GB

X2.  And not to mention that they have spent ten years of their lives in school to become surgeons...  This is why they make big coin.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB

X2.  And not to mention that they have spent ten years of their lives in school to become surgeons...  This is why they make big coin.

And medical school is not cheap!  ;)

GB

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I think doctors and surgeons alike deserve every penny they make.  When my health/body is in their hands, I want to know that they are getting paid what they deserve. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The doctor is free to charge whatever you are willing to pay for his services. Yes it really is that simple.

This means that it is ultimately up to you to decide how much it is worth to get rid of your gynecomastia.

Having reached that decision, You either pay the price or learn to live with your condition. If a Doctor sets his price above what anyone is willing to pay, He will have no patients.

Ultimately you set the price.
Grandpa Dan

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Man why are you giving me math like im a idiot. If Im a ps and perform 1or 2 gynecomastia gland removals a year. for 6000 each. With all that school id be an idiot not to do them for 3000 and have hundreds of guys breaking down my door boobs flopping.

Offline gynoisgone

• Posting Member
Yea, I hear what your saying about cheaper surgery. But sadly that's just the way it is. Everything medical is always expensive. They can charge whatever they like cause they know you have to pay it. You may not have 5k now. But I know your going to save and pretty soon you will!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Man why are you giving me math like im a idiot. If Im a ps and perform 1or 2 gynecomastia gland removals a year. for 6000 each. With all that school id be an idiot not to do them for 3000 and have hundreds of guys breaking down my door boobs flopping.

GRS is not the only procedure that PS's do. They do not rely on GRS to make a living. They do not have to have a 'volume' sale to boost business. Plastic Surgery, as a business, is booming in North America. A once female-dominated surgery, it is very quickly becoming a male and female 'vanity insanity'... Also, for the males, it's not just GRS that they are seeking... many go in for the nip/tuck procedures...

GB

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Really when you think about it, it seems that the average cost for surgery has been around $5,000 for the past few years in the United States.  There are posts of that price going back at least 3-4 years.  When you look at the economics of it, many people coming in from overseas are getting a bargain lately.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For the most part, we rely on the opinions of the various Drs. who post here as being totally unbiased and objective.

I think the Doctors have done a pretty good job of maintaining their objectivity.

Conversely, There might be legitimate concern that this objectivity could be lost if the relationship of one or several Doctors became too close to the site as a referral source.

Offline Travelincook

• Posting Member
There's also liability, a site like this saying go to this Doctor, the PS screws the surgery, the owner of this site can  be sued.

A big portion of the cost of the surgery also goes to the guy who controls your sleep, the Anesthesiologist, since they are liable for your life it's not really something you want a discount on

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024