Author Topic: Going in for Consultation next week..Need Help!!  (Read 4067 times)

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
I've already been approved by insurance company to go ahead and get my gyno surgery done.  I went to one plastic surgeon and I didn't like him at all!  I'm going to one next week who specializes in breast reduction and augmentation and I have heard that he has done quite a few gynecomastia   surgeries.  What do I need to find out from the guy to make me feel more comfortable with letting him do the procedure.  Thanks guys

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Get a lot of his before / after pics of his gyne surgeries.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
Should he have all of those on file?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yes he should.  I believe they typically take before and after pics.  I know mine did.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 11:54:44 AM by nukem2k5 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yes he should.  I believe they typically take before and after pics.  I know mine did.

JCF didn't take any after pics of my chest. Infact, the only ones that he did take were taken in the operating room after he drew circles on my chest with a marker.

John....
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
my doc didn't didn't draw on me or take a picture--unless he took the picture after i was out cold, which i HIGHLY doubt. Is this unprofessional?
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
NoMoreBoobies - You certainly wnat to go with someone who's gonna give you the peace of mind.  

I'd ask to see some photos too.  Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.

Good luck

Offline Grandpa Bambu

NMB....  where U located?

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

JC.... I see you've made it to the 'M-note' club.

Congrats!  ;D

John.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 05:54:19 PM by Bambu »

Offline Spleen

Here's a good place to start.  A long read but it covers a lot of ground:

http://www.smartplasticsurgery.com/basics.html

If I was you I'd book a few consultations and get a few opinions.  Look for a guy who has done more than just a few of these surgeries.  Ask to see pictures of cases he or she has performed.  Anecdotally, the best results seem to come from docs who are prepared to do both lipo and glandular excision depending on what they find when the get you on the table.  Most of all, if you have questions don't be afraid to ask your doc.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
etc.

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
I'm located in Alabama.  I went to one surgeon and he talked about doing both the lipo and the incision to remove the gyno.  I didn't feel very comfortable though because his hand was shaking really bad the whole time he was talking to me, he looked like he was about 90, and he said he hadn't done one of these surgerys in a long time.  He also said that he wanted to cut directly through the nipple.  Is this right or should it be directly under the nipple?  I'm going tomorrow to another consultation and this guy has a really good reputation with doing surgery on females, but I'm definatly gonna find out how much he has done on men.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024