Author Topic: Surgery in 2 weeks! Help!  (Read 4112 times)

Offline vishman14

• Posting Member
Hey everybody I posted on this site a few months ago. I was going to get the surgery done in January, however i did some research on my surgeon and decided i didnt want to do it with him. Anyway Ive decided to get the surgery done with Dr. Steven Copit at Thomas  Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He Graduated from Duke University, got his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College. The he completed his residency in general surgery at TJUH, and then a residency in plastic surgery at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Hes board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Does he have the correct credentials, and am I right to get the surgery done with him? Also it would be great if anybody who actually had the surgery done with him to let me know their results. Jefferson Hospital is one of the best in the country so i think im making the correct choice, especially since they perform it in the hospital rather then in a private center.

Also I know there are risks such as excess skin, asymmetry, and scarring, and those are risks that im willing to take. However im not willing to do this if a high number of people have actually died from this surgery. I know death's from anesthesia, and procedures arent that high, but what is the rate from this surgery? He doing liposuction. Please if anybody can help I would really appreciate this. Ive been doing all the research by myself, making this very difficult.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
He sounds like a highly trained surgeon, however, even more important would be to know whether he is a highly experienced surgeon.  How many gyne surgeries has he done?  Does he have pre and post photos of other patients he can share with you?  Without knowing your case, it is a little unusual to only do lipo.  Did he mention whether there is a gland issue?  Most gyne requires gland removal.

I don't know any risk statistics, but I believe gyne surgery is considered relatively safe compared to other surgeries.  There was a thread recently for the doctors asking how many emergency health situations they had faced while operating on a gyne patient.  The one response I saw so far from one of the surgeon's on this board said zero.  So that would be a death rate of 0.0%!  I think most of us are nervous about the surgery before it occurred, and then wondered why we were so nervous after it was done.

Good luck and congrats on taking the research component of your surgery so seriously.  It's important!

Offline vishman14

• Posting Member
Sorry i know hes not just doing lipo. I signed two consent forms. One that said listectomy(liposuction), and the other said mammoplasty.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Sorry i know hes not just doing lipo. I signed two consent forms. One that said listectomy(liposuction), and the other said mammoplasty.

Strange...google listectomy and it refers you to mastectomy, a breast removal procedure for breast cancer.  But even more strange, google mammoplasty and it says you're getting breast implants!  You might want to check those forms!!

Offline vishman14

• Posting Member
Arggg my bad. Liposuction, in addition to removing the glandular tissue by use of and arthroscopic type surgery. He's got a brochure that says mammoplasty. Not the consent form. Which I havet handed in yet. I've looked up this procedure, and it says there have been good results.

Offline vishman14

• Posting Member
And it said LIPTECTOMY not LISTECTOMY. Sorry its finals time and I'm brain dead. Hahaha

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Phew!  Didn't want you waking up from surgery and find you have implants and now a 36DD!!   :D

Good luck with everything!

Offline vishman14

• Posting Member
Bump. Please anybody help. Im terrified at getting this done. Anybody in the Philadelphia area please tell me your experience.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024