Author Topic: Minor gyno or just need to lose body fat?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Mas_Tsae

Hello,

First of all, I am a 24 year old 5'8" and around 75kg. I believe I sit between 16-20% body fat somewhere. (you may be able to determine a guess through photos).

My chest does not hurt, it is not hard under the nipple, just soft and flappy. It ruins the silouhette of my chest when wearing a jumper/t-shirt as the nipple protrudes, showing under the fabric.

This is how my chest looks now, these are not the best photos as I was slightly cold, but hopefully enough for you guys to advise.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your chest appears normal, although physical exam by a surgeon might reveal some small amount of gyne.  You do have mild puffy nipples (which probably look better in the cold, but then return to their puffy state).  This condition does not respond, at all, to weight loss or muscle gain.  If the puffy nipples bother you, then recommend you consult with an experienced gyne surgeon for evaluation and possible treatment.  A word to the wise: this may appear minor, but the surgery can be tricky and in the wrong hands can result is less than terrific results.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Mas_Tsae

Many thanks Dr Jacobs.

Do you have any personal recommendation of where to visit for consultation in the UK? (Preferably near London)

I have been in contact with one place that charges £200.00 for the consultation, and while it may end up being quite comprehensive, I am slightly uncomfortable about paying that upfront.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I do not personally know any experienced gyne surgeon in London.  I have heard that Dr Karadis has a stellar reputation.

As for the consultation fee, consider that as payment for the doctor's time, judgment, education and experience, all of which will help provide a balanced decision for you.  I also charge a consult fee -- my time, knowledge and experience do have value.

A true story.  Years ago, my refrigerator died on a Saturday, just when I expected guests for dinner.  I was frantic.  I called a repairman who told me that his service call was $100.  Of course, I agreed.  He came and diagnosed the problem -- the bill was $100.10.  I asked him to break down the bill.  It was 10 cents for the blown out fuse -- and $100 to know what was needed to be done.

Enough said.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024