Author Topic: What Do You Wear During Surgery??  (Read 4502 times)

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Im really curious about this one: What does one wear during the operation? Do you have to get completely naked or can you wear underwear or sweat pants? Or is it just that little gown they give you?
Thanks

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
From my experience with surgeries, it's with the gown they give you.  Some have the pants and shirt but I think most are with the 1 piece gown.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I went in there wearing sweatpants, boxers underneath, socks, and a zip up sweater.

Went I actually went in to the operating room, they had me take off my sweatpants and sweater, and gave me this gown to wear... one that ties up in the back. No big deal since I still had my boxers (and socks) on.

Most important thing is to make sure you wear a shirt that is easy to get on (ie zip up or button up) after surgery, as you will have a limited range of motion.

Offline brama

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys... :  )
I was just curious if you had to be totally naked or not (which would suk)!!

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I was completely naked under the gown.  It was pretty weird but I didn't really care.  I'm probably never going to see most of those people again (hopefully).

Afterward the nurse helped me slip some shorts on under my gown and I put on my buttonup shirt.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 04:20:01 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024