Author Topic: Compression Vest vs Under Armour  (Read 3893 times)

Offline downloaderuk

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I had my op 11 days ago, and I the compression vest that I bought now feels more loose on me. I was contemplating getting a new vest ( I  bought my first one from http://www.esshop.co.uk/product.asp?cookiecheck=yes&P_ID=180).

However, I got a medium size one last time and when I went in to take my bandages of my vest was on the least tight setting (with the fish hooks hooked onto the loosest option). The nurse suggested I tighten the vest, which I did so after the bandages were removed. The vest is now loose again. I haven't measured my chest measurements post surgery yet, but before surgery I was at the lower end of the medium size according to the euro-surgical website.

Should I get another vest (and what size, medium or small?) or will getting an under armour vest be okay at this stage? If I do get an under armour vest, which size should I get?

Thanks

Offline Eric Robertson

• Bronze Member
  • It's time to spread the word about Gynecomastia
I am very suprised that the surgeon did not provide you a compression shirt.  My surgeon gave me a very good compression garmet that really helped.

I would suggest trying to go to www.underworks.com, they have some compression shirts there that might be able to help you.
Surgery Date: 6/06/06
Surgeon: Dr. Elliot Jacobs M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S., P.C.
Procedure: Liposuction and incision under the nipple.
Cost: $6,500
Discovery Health: Plastic Surgery Before and After I was featured in: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/teen_dhc_video1.html

Offline docfore4

• Posting Member
i used under armour after week 1.5 or so and it worked great in my opinion plus doc said that was fine. its also less noticeable than a vest.

DrBermant

Hi guys,

I had my op 11 days ago, and I the compression vest that I bought now feels more loose on me. I was contemplating getting a new vest ( I  bought my first one from http://www.esshop.co.uk/product.asp?cookiecheck=yes&P_ID=180).

However, I got a medium size one last time and when I went in to take my bandages of my vest was on the least tight setting (with the fish hooks hooked onto the loosest option). The nurse suggested I tighten the vest, which I did so after the bandages were removed. The vest is now loose again. I haven't measured my chest measurements post surgery yet, but before surgery I was at the lower end of the medium size according to the euro-surgical website.

Should I get another vest (and what size, medium or small?) or will getting an under armour vest be okay at this stage? If I do get an under armour vest, which size should I get?

Thanks

Each surgeon has his / her own techniques.  I prefer to individualize the fit and timing for both the first stage comprsssion vest and a Stage 2 Compression Vest for each patient depending on their problem to be sculpted, surgical techniques, how they heal, and other factors. In my opinion, a correct fit and choice of vest is an important factor for recovery and how tissues evolve after surgery.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024