Author Topic: just a couple of questions  (Read 3059 times)

Offline sixstring

Hey everyone, let me just say its good to find out that i'm not totally alone.  Anyways, i'm 18, and gynecomastia has been bothering me (to say the least) for a couple of years now.   Anyways, i had always been a "late bloomer" puberty wise, my voice only changed when i was 15, and i was basically hairless as the day i popped out until a couple of years ago.  anyways, now the question,  a few months ago i started to notice a change in the the gynecomastia gland, one seemed to now be softer then the other or smaller, and i think that its been getting better slowly as time has gone on.  but i may be wrong,   in any case, i was wondering how fast a change in the gland would be, that is to say would it go away, would it be gradual, or WHAM wake up and i'm normal? i'm concerned that my mind may be playing tricks on me!   Thanks for your time, and i realize that this might not be a straight across the board answer, but thanks in advance for the help!

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Mine use to itch and it would be sensitive. Sometime when I pressed on the gland I would get a very shape pain.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
well if you think you have been a "late bloomer" the first thing i would do is find out for sure what you have is gyno, then if it is, to visit and endorologist and make sure all of your hormone levels are nice and right then go from there, becuase if you end up paying for surgery but you have incorrect hormone levels than you may have a chance of it coming back.. let me know how everything turns out, whatever you decide to do.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Self resolution will happen slowly, and what you describe sounds like that.  You could be one of the lucky guys that has his gynecomastia self resolve.

I too was a late bloomer, - - really late, I was still singing soprano when in my late 20's.  When I was 48 years old, X-rays to determine "Bone Age" were reported as being those of a person 17 to 18.5 years.

Now 67, I have 8 children, 19 grandchildren and my first great-grandchild is on the way.  Gynecomastia runs in my family;  It was only a problem when I allowed it to be a problem.

Get the hormones checked, Then? it is up to you!  How lucky do you feel?
Grandpa Dan

Offline hypo

Note:

Late or early puberty 'can', with can being the operative word be a sign of endocrine problems.

Offline sixstring

Thanks for all the advice everyone!  I think i'll just ask my doctor about getting my hormones checked when I see him in a month or so!  Thanks for you help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024