Author Topic: Surgery in 6 Days!  (Read 1699 times)

Offline NorCALSpeed

• Posting Member
  • Selling rocks for surgery bitches.
Well it's finally happening. I'll be on Delgado's table getting diced in 6 days. I'm missing out on Halloween with my friends, but it will be worth it in the end. Missing National Slutty Costume day will suck though. Anyway, I just had questions for those of you that have gone through with this.

Does your doctor provide all the after care things you need? vests, wraps, any of that stuff? Do you all just go with what the doctor gives you or are there other/better options out there? Any advice leading up to and after the surgery? Ive started downing lots of vitamins, vitamin C, blah blah. Basically any trade secrets I might need to know?

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
the doc gave me  the vest and the prescription for some pain killers

Offline steve6161

• Posting Member
The doctor should have given you a list of supplements/medications to avoid 2-3 weeks prior to surgery. Typically, plastic surgeons advise avoiding all supplements 2 weeks before surgery since so many increase blood flow, which they want to inhibit to prevent excess bleeding.
He'll prescribe pain killers, which you will need to get yourself.
He may also suggest some supplements to help with recovery (e.g. bromelain and arnica).
My doctor provided a vest, but I also ordered additional compression garments from underworks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024