Author Topic: Alcohol? Smoking?  (Read 2859 times)

Offline twoclassic

hey guys I've been also looking at the forums for a while now, and i decided to go through with the surgery.  
so the surgery is in about a 2 weeks, and i got some parties to go to this weekend and next weekend.
they did give me a list of things not to do in the 2 weeks before the surgery.(like taking aspirin).
but since im going to some parties, i usually do drink if there is alcohol, and maybe smoke (sometimes drugs)  if offered.  so i was wondering if i could/shouldn't do any of that before the surgery.

also i did have a question about the compression vests, looking at the other topic below did answer one question.  but since i dont want to really spend money on another compression vest, maybe i will, but anyway is the one that the doc gives you pretty bulky?  cause i'm not really telling anyone about the surgery, so if the vest is bulky i wouldnt want to wear it, anyway any comments help...

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I was advised not to drink (or smoke) anything for 2 weeks ahead of the surgery. In reality, I had my last drink about 11 days before, and didn't bleed much.

Don't bother take the chance. Bleeding like a bastard after your surgery will not be something to take lightly.
etc.

Offline twoclassic

wow thanks doddy, i did have a little much to drink last night,  but all is well and wont drink anymore.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Alcohol is a blood thinnner... it is not good to drink alcohol prior to surgery.

You may want to start taking a multi-vitamin also. ;)

John.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 12:20:22 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
If drinking and smoking anytime prior to surgery is that important to you that you would risk having complications to your surgery then your maturity level is suspect at best.

Hell, I say drink, smoke and be happy.  I hear excessive bleeding and possibly revision surgery is actually kind of fun.  
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 12:36:15 PM by jc71 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If drinking and smoking anytime prior to surgery is that important to you that you would risk having complications to your surgery then your maturity level is suspect at best.

Agreed!

John.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
lol i know a dude that thought it would hurt less to get a TATTOO while he was drunk....bad idea

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024