Author Topic: Anyone want to kick the tobacco habit with me???  (Read 3625 times)

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
So, reading another thread made me think.

I've been using some sort of tobacco product for about seven years now.  Initially I smoked somewhat heavily, then after about 3 years switched to dip.  I felt better about it because I felt like I breathed better than while smoking, even though I knew it was still bad for me. 

But, as I look to get gyne surgery, I know I'll have to put all that behind me.  SO, I'm looking to see if a couple people who share the some of the same goals (short term - gyne surgery, long term - better health) who might want to do it with me and post progress and whatnot...

Anyone up for it?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i won't be the one 'cause i'm not on the stuff, but your story about making the switch was interesting, was it that easy for the dip to substitute for the other kind of nico? 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
I would join you, but it's too late. I smoked my last cigArette in August! Yay!
Been smoking for 11 years before that about pack a day.

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
i won't be the one 'cause i'm not on the stuff, but your story about making the switch was interesting, was it that easy for the dip to substitute for the other kind of nico? 

Yes, actually it was.  I smoked pretty heavy for a couple of years prior to switching to smokeless tobacco, and I could feel it.  Walk up stairs, and would be huffing.  My clothes smelled like smoke, my work vehicle smelled like smoke.  I was tired of it.  So initially I thought I'd dip to quit smoking, and back off the dip later.  Well for a while there I did both (not at the same time mind you), and still occasionally smoke when I drink.  But I've seen the effects of the dip now, gum line receded, and little "pockets" on the side of my jaw...

I always heard dip had more nicotine in it than cigarettes, which I'll buy.  So that's supposedly why its so hard to kick.  That, and the mental thing of having a dip in.  Anybody who did or does dip knows exactly what I'm talking about. 

So I'm hoping to use some patches to ween myself off the stuff before surgery.   

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
I would join you, but it's too late. I smoked my last cigArette in August! Yay!
Been smoking for 11 years before that about pack a day.

Congrats man!  It's a hellish existence, and I bet you feel tons better....  So did you kick it for surgery? 

Offline bamboocha

• Posting Member
Congrats man!  It's a hellish existence, and I bet you feel tons better....  So did you kick it for surgery? 

My surgery is on 7th January, but I didn't stop smoking because of that, I didn't even know smoking might interfere with healing back then, lol.
It's just something I felt I needed to do. You can do it too, everyone can.

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member

My surgery is on 7th January, but I didn't stop smoking because of that, I didn't even know smoking might interfere with healing back then, lol.
It's just something I felt I needed to do. You can do it too, everyone can.
[/quote]

Did you go "cold turkey", use a patch or gum, or wean yourself off???

Offline RickWalia007

• Posting Member
Idk if this helps my dad quit by constantly putting  toothpick in this mouth (with toothpick facting out) =\ idk if anyone has done that but thats how he quit its weird

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
Idk if this helps my dad quit by constantly putting  toothpick in this mouth (with toothpick facting out) =\ idk if anyone has done that but thats how he quit its weird

Did your father dip or smoke??

I've heard alot of people talk about the "oral fixation" part of dipping...   Having tobacco in your mouth and more less the ACT of dipping was every bit as addictive as the nicotine. 

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
Interesting.  Toothpicks are wayyyyy cheaper than patches or gum!!!

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
I'm in for the quitting....I'm 2 days in now....smoked for 2 years and then switched to snus for almost another full year.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024