Author Topic: Surgery in 3 weeks - What do I say?  (Read 2675 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hi,
I am having a glandular excision in 3 weeks. The problem is that I have to a day of from a part time job, normally not a problem but it is an important day.

Just wondering what a good excuse would be?
I was thinking of 'having my chest scoped' but for what? old sports injury? etc?

What is a legitimate reason to have your chest cut into, other than gynocomastia surgery that is?

Thanks

Offline veritas

I just said I had to have some minor surgery, that I had a "growth" they needed to check out. Afterwards, I told them everything was fine, that the "growth" was benign. I just left it at that and didn't explain any further. Some people tried to pry, but I just brushed their questions off.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
You could always say dental surgery, nobody really cares to heckle you about that.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

I just said I had to have some minor surgery, that I had a "growth" they needed to check out. Afterwards, I told them everything was fine, that the "growth" was benign.

Yeah, telling people that you are having a 'benign growth' removed is the best thing to say.  ;)

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mastagon

• Posting Member
Wisdom teeth, having an artery blockage removed, fractured rip re-set... I dont know. You could always ask the surgeon for common excuses. That might sound silly, but most surgeon's know how the stigma of gyno can effect people's lives, and understand when the patient wishes to keep it a secret from friends and family.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I said I was having surgery and would not be able to work. No questions asked.

Its also none of there bussiness either. Can I ask where you work?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 05:24:51 PM by Allan7865 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024