Author Topic: FEAR  (Read 2592 times)

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i just thought i would share that..

i pretty much have the mildest case. just puffy nipples. somtimes they hurt a bit. they look normal if u pinch them. i have pretty low body fat (can see ribs)  used to be a bit chubby when i was younger.

the thing is daily i think about having surgery. when things start getting sexual with a girl i feel self concious. im pretty good at sorting myself out emotionaly. i have alot of good friends now and a good social life. last year i even took my shirt off at the beach feeling quietly confident after losing about 10kg. but i found i was constantly pinching my nipples. none of my friends said anything about it so im pretty sure i dont have a major case. but i still want the surgery.

but i cant pick up the phone. i have found several plastic surgeons in my city who perform the proceedure online. but i cant seem to call them. calling them would mean that there is somthing wrong with my body or me. i have noticed another friend has nipples nearly like mine and i doubt he ever thought about it.

i have considred the concept of having a body dismorphic disorder. but i cant work it out. im sure if i looked different i wouldnt have a problem. how is this defined anyway? everything is relative.

i have seen many different results from gynecomastia surgery having watched these boards for probably over a year. and i just dont want to look worse than i already do. also i dont want anyone to know i had the surgery. from what i have seen people who look pretty good before hand look perfect afterwards and i think i would fit in that category. alot of the after pictures i have seen leave people with chests that look like deflated baloons or nipples that dont match or are in totaly weird locations!

i know exactly what i should do. go on consulations and then weigh up the decision.

but even going to my gp and talking to him a year ago. he seemed to think i was wasting his time. plus his receptionist asked if i was over 16 (im 21) which probably made me a bit more on edge.

i also got asked for id for a 15+ movie the other day lol.
i have learned not to let that bother me. i wondered if i had some kind of hormone imbalance but had tests when i saw my gp and they were normal. plus downstairs there are no problems.

i have constantly pushed myself to do things. i was always very shy as a child. this is just another thing i  need to push myself to do.

there are so many reasons not to get surgery,
i could buy a supercharger for my car? a cheap boat maybe? plus the recovery time!

in my mind i think there is nothing wrong with getting surgery. if you dont like somthing then change it. research it thoroughly and change it. dont waste your life worrying about it. but when do i call? im at work i get busy then its not a priority. i dont seem to have any time to do alot of things i want to.

so i just need to go ahead and do it... right after i pay off my credit card....

i think i have given myself deadlines like this before then it comes around and somthing else comes up.

sorry about the rant but this board is getting a bit boring so i thought i would contribute.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Like you said, if you don't like it and have the money and desire to change it, then go get a few consultations with some PS's.  You've got nothing to lose by asking.  Just remember that surgery doesn't promise perfection.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i don't think you have dysmorphia, pretty much everything you describe is a normal reaction to gyne, and it's your right to decide whether you think getting rid of it will give you peace of mind.  and gp's rarely know gyne well enough to offer really competent advice.  i think the milder your case, the better your chances of it coming out better, but see what a ps or two says once you get that far which i think you can.  

fear and mental blocks are probably normal too, everyone has to deal with that in different degrees.  i don't have any magic solutions although i sometimes first do a deadline for setting a firm deadline ;)  if you're just trying to make sure nobody you know finds out, you can manage that.  main thing, i'd say remember that a consultation is not the same thing as committing to surgery, you're just going in to learn and you don't have to decide till you decide you're better informed and comfortable with it.  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:02:23 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i went to my gp about a fortnight ago and as expected he told me he didnt see anything and suggested i had body dismorphic disorder. but i insisted on getting a referal. i went to see a ps last week he said i hade type 1 gyne or somthing and that it was minor but could be fixed with gland excision and probably no lipo. all up was quoted $7500au i was very nervous and i didnt ask all that many questions but i was quite impressed with him. i have another appointment booked with another ps but i dont know if its worth going to ($250 consult) i havent decided for sure yet because its alot of money but i think i might go ahead.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congrats on taking those first steps toward a solution.  If you feel that another opinion will give you better peace of mind, then it may well be worth the money.  But then maybe you would be better off to first write down your questions and call the PS you already saw.  Ask the questions and maybe the answers will make a second opinion seem less necessary.  Either way, good luck and keep us posted!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024