Author Topic: Will this increase my chance of getting rid of Gyno when i get older?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Brizzy

• Posting Member
Hello there! I'm 15 years old and suffering from Gyno. It's had a big impact on my life, there's a ton of **** that i can't do right now because of Gyno.
We all know Gyno builds up because of hormone imbalances. Gyno = Low Testosterone levels. Testosterone is the dominating hormone in the male body, and for females it's estrogen.
So i have a theory and i need people to tell me their opinion about 8), does it sound logical?
So what i've been doing lately is eating alot of veggies that boosts testosterone,
veggies such as broccoli and cabbage.
These veggies work to lower the levels of estrogen (a female hormone as i mentioned before) in your body, thus boosting testosterone levels.
Gyno usually goes away at the age of 18 but sometimes it dosen't go away and the only solution is a risky and an expensive surgery.

I also started going to the gym a month ago, i'm seeing great results.
I used to sit at home and go outside once a week, but now i'm outside everyday.
I'm trying to do some changes in my life and it's going good so far.

Will boosting my testosterone levels now increase the chance of my gyno going away when i grow older? Does this sound logical? Is it bad if i have "too much" testosterone in my body?

All help is appreciated and please excuse me for my bad grammar/punctation etc.

Thank you!

hammer

There are different times that a male will have increase breast tissue, and right now you are going through one of them! I can't answer if what you are doing will help it go away or prevent it from getting worse, you may want to post that in "ask a doctor" however I'm not sure that they will be able to answer either!

At your age it is very normal to go through this and for most it will go away as long as you do watch your weight, so for that you are eating well. If it doesn't go away after a few years then surgery is sometimes needed to get rid of it, but it sounds like you are at the beginning stages, and if so you need to be patient.

It also sounds like you've done your research, good job!

Good luck.

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
Loose weight. Do distance running or other aerobic exercise (weight lifting alone not sufficient). This is just from my experience in the distant past. Others may have different viewpoints.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Brizzy,

Take good care of your body.  Being fat generates estrogen so keep you body fat low.  Good aerobic and weight training will help make your body better regardless of breast formation.  I have a hypothesis about a possible nutritional cause of gynecomastia during puberty.  There is absolutely zero evidence.  There is some correlation that gynecomastia runs in families with certain vitamin affecting gene polymorphisms which are very common.  BUT there is either some other gene variations as well or something happens that triggers it or it isn't connected at all.

Enlarged breasts are very common at puberty.  My experience was that the advice was laughable, "Do more pushups"  And what happened?  The more muscle I built the more outstanding my breasts became.  The doc who told me that in 6th grade nearly choked when he saw me with C or D cup breasts a couple of years later.  However, with the muscle and aerobic conditioning I made the football team, and preseason practice was still physical workout hell.

And I have to say, the girls were always curious and proposed "You can feel mine if I can feel your".  I got all the same harassment in 7th and 8th grade as the girls with D-cup breasts.  However, I stood up for them against the bullies and had some good friends.

By 15 I had breasts for 3 to 4 years and they were just getting bigger.  I have familial gynecomastia, and as typical my mother, sisters, daughters and son all have large breasts starting by 10 or 11.  My daughters were harassed about having breasts even in 5th grade.

If it is familial it will keep growing otherwise they may go away as is more typical.  Late onset is not typical of familial gynecomastia so that is one big thing going for you.  Good luck, and have fun.  The reactions of others will depend on =ow you respond.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Actually too much Testosterone will also make the breasts grow.   When the Testosterone level goes too high, the excess is converted into Estrogen.  At the same time, the production of Testosterone is reduced.  Either of these Could cause your Estrogen level to be high, but both together almost guarantees it.   

The Hormones do not work alone. They work together as a group.   The closest comparison that comes to my mind would be like comparing a Soloist to a Symphony Orchestra.

Obviously, balancing those hormones requires some detailed laboratory work and analysis. This is very definitely not a Do-it-yourself job.  In fact many Doctors are not up to this.   You really need an Endocrinologist.

But to your question,  The answer is that I do not know.  The best answer I can come up with is that probably no one else knows either.  I am now 77, soon to be 78 and my Gynecomastia has not changed in any significant way since I was in my teens.  We do know that the condition is more common in older men, but there are many reasons for that and It depends upon other things that may alter your body chemistry.  Keep in mind that the leading cause of gynecomastia is: "I don't know."
Grandpa Dan

Offline Brizzy

• Posting Member
Hi Brizzy,

Take good care of your body.  Being fat generates estrogen so keep you body fat low.  Good aerobic and weight training will help make your body better regardless of breast formation.  I have a hypothesis about a possible nutritional cause of gynecomastia during puberty.  There is absolutely zero evidence.  There is some correlation that gynecomastia runs in families with certain vitamin affecting gene polymorphisms which are very common.  BUT there is either some other gene variations as well or something happens that triggers it or it isn't connected at all.

Enlarged breasts are very common at puberty.  My experience was that the advice was laughable, "Do more pushups"  And what happened?  The more muscle I built the more outstanding my breasts became.  The doc who told me that in 6th grade nearly choked when he saw me with C or D cup breasts a couple of years later.  However, with the muscle and aerobic conditioning I made the football team, and preseason practice was still physical workout hell.

And I have to say, the girls were always curious and proposed "You can feel mine if I can feel your".  I got all the same harassment in 7th and 8th grade as the girls with D-cup breasts.  However, I stood up for them against the bullies and had some good friends.

By 15 I had breasts for 3 to 4 years and they were just getting bigger.  I have familial gynecomastia, and as typical my mother, sisters, daughters and son all have large breasts starting by 10 or 11.  My daughters were harassed about having breasts even in 5th grade.

If it is familial it will keep growing otherwise they may go away as is more typical.  Late onset is not typical of familial gynecomastia so that is one big thing going for you.  Good luck, and have fun.  The reactions of others will depend on =ow you respond.

I'm the only boy in my family, but i have 2 younger sisters.
From what i can tell my dad dosen't seem to have gyno, i've seen him shirtless and his chest looks normal.
I don't wanna ask him if he had it when he was younger but if he did it's now gone, so that's a good sign.
Maybe it'll go away for me too?
Sorry too hear that you got bullied :( I hide my gyno so no one knows about it.

Offline Brizzy

• Posting Member
Actually too much Testosterone will also make the breasts grow.   When the Testosterone level goes too high, the excess is converted into Estrogen.  At the same time, the production of Testosterone is reduced.  Either of these Could cause your Estrogen level to be high, but both together almost guarantees it.   

The Hormones do not work alone. They work together as a group.   The closest comparison that comes to my mind would be like comparing a Soloist to a Symphony Orchestra.

Obviously, balancing those hormones requires some detailed laboratory work and analysis. This is very definitely not a Do-it-yourself job.  In fact many Doctors are not up to this.   You really need an Endocrinologist.

But to your question,  The answer is that I do not know.  The best answer I can come up with is that probably no one else knows either.  I am now 77, soon to be 78 and my Gynecomastia has not changed in any significant way since I was in my teens.  We do know that the condition is more common in older men, but there are many reasons for that and It depends upon other things that may alter your body chemistry.  Keep in mind that the leading cause of gynecomastia is: "I don't know."

Sorry too hear that i't didn't go away for you :(
Thank you for clearing things up i'm gonna try to eat "Testosterone boosting food" 2 times a week, just to keep it low and balanced.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

I'm the only boy in my family, but i have 2 younger sisters.
From what i can tell my dad dosen't seem to have gyno, i've seen him shirtless and his chest looks normal.
I don't wanna ask him if he had it when he was younger but if he did it's now gone, so that's a good sign.
Maybe it'll go away for me too?
Sorry too hear that you got bullied :( I hide my gyno so no one knows about it.

I know it can come down the female line and it certainly affected all 3 of my children.  Good luck on that with at least your father not having retained any.

Junior high was hell.  My breasts didn't make it that way.  They were just one more thing.  All during elementary school I was the largest guy in my class.  I was also inclined to be peaceful.  So I was vulnerable.    My mother gave me the worst possible advice for dealing with bullies, "Ignore them and they will leave you alone".  Nope, not at all.  Didn't work.  The better I ignored them the harder they worked to not be ignored.  I finally figured out how to handle them, beat the crap out of the leader of the pack.  Ignore the spare wheels and clobber the instigator,  Then they all leave you alone.  Even better was to make them look silly in front of all their pack.  Accuse them of liking boobs on boys instead of girls.  Very loudly and in front of the girls works even better.

High school wasn't great but being on the football team changed things. I was the best skier at the school.  I had chorus parts in Broadway musicals through college. By college breasts were pretty much a non issue.  I met a girls who happened to be the founder of the college nudist club.

Now at 67 they make zero effect on my life.  I wear what I want (accused of being fashion deaf) and occasionally I see some jaws drop but that is their problem, not mine.

Whatever happens, it is of far less significance than you think now.  Kids grow up and realize that teenage harassment and bullying can become sexual harassment and assault and they can loose their jobs and worse if they act like assholes.  Those folks will have lots of trouble with relationships because assholes do.

Basically Brizzy, you are the only person for whom these breasts matter.  Those around you don't really care or matter. Live your life for you and your friends and family.  If they grow more, they really don't matter.  If they go away that's fine.  It's not a disaster if they don't.  You will be in the other half.  Only a small percentage are ever or ever can be flat as a board.  Those that think it is the ideal form are trying to be what maybe 20% of men will ever be.  Take a look at all the guys who work out.  Whether they use steroids or not they develop a shape that is not flat as a board but rather well muscled.  Don't worry about it.  Have fun.  Work out and eat a good balanced diet.

Offline Brizzy

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear that you got bullied for it. I'm not getting bullied for it,
the reason that is, is because i hide my gyno, i use under armour.
Even if i didn't use it i wouldn't get bullied, my friends would just make fun of me but in a friendly way.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:31:36 PM by Brizzy »

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Sorry to hear that you got bullied for it.
The reason that is is because i hide my gyno, i use under armour.
Even if i didn't use it i wouldn't get bullied, my friends would just make fun of me but in a friendly way.

Hi Brizzy,

Even the "friendly way" stuff goes away.  It might get a chuckle the first time or first 5 times but what about the 500th?  Within a short while everything fades to background unless your responses keep it alive generally.  When I was 15 and 16, I worked waterfront (and everything else) at a summer camp and of course was shirtless a lot of the time. Of the 4 counselors 3 had gynecomastia.  The first day 30 or so boys 8-13 showed up.  A number of the older ones already had some breast enlargement.  Everybody checked out all the chests looking around and it was discussed how this also lay in some of their futures.  A few jokes were made and comparisons of "whose sister has better breasts" and then attention turned to a basket of fruit.  Breasts never came up again the rest of the summer, except for speculation about the breasts all the girls were developing.

Jay55

As has already been mentioned, if you have too much testosterone, some of it can convert to estrogen. Certain foods are also high in phytoestrogens which can raise your estrogen levels and contribute to gyne. You may want to check into those foods to avoid them as much as possible. As far as avoiding gyne when you get older, sometimes there's not a lot we can do about it. Especially when you reach the age where your testosterone levels fall. Fat is also bad news when it comes to gyne. Estrogen can come from excess fat, and too much estrogen produces more fat. A vicious cycle. You're wise to keep in shape beginning now, and make it a habit right through your life. Not only to try to avoid gyne, but for all the other healthful benefits. My advice for you would be to continue doing what you're doing, but also see your doctor if it gets worse.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024