Author Topic: Finally getting surgery this week!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Zdew

• Posting Member
Well, here is the account I made when I was 15 years old and concerned about my gyno. I've had gyno since I was 13 years old and I'm 22 years old now. It has never stopped bothering me after all these years, but I'm excited to finally get this period of my life over with and be more confident about my body.

I've always been in good shape so it's been extremely frustrating to suffer with this. My family had basically just laughed it off for the last 10 years and refused to donate any money for the operation, but I recently acquired a much higher paying job and saved up enough to get it done. After I heal from the surgery I'm also going back on Accutane, which will be another pain in the ass, but I've never been happier in my life knowing that in one year this shit will all be over with.

I don't really know why I decided to post this, I just wanted to share my excitement with others who have gone through the same ordeal. Between gyno and my acne it has negatively affected my life in every way imaginable over the last 10 years. I wish I could magically have everything resolved and get those 10 years of my life back, but unfortunately that isn't possible. The best I can do is just start my new life at age 23.

I'll be updating this thread with before and after pics when my operation is complete, for anyone interested.

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
Good luck man.

I just had my surgery 10 days ago.

Some advice:
1. Make sure you have someone with you the first few days. You aren't going to want to cook and stuff, it will be hard to reach things higher up in the pantry, it will be nice to have someone to stay on top of your medicines, and when you go to shower for the first time, several days after surgery, you will need help getting the bandages off - not to mention getting in and out of the compression vest.
2. Have a couple button up or zip up hoodies to wear, it's too much to try putting on a regular shirt.
3. Get some Goo-be-Gone, the glue from some of those bandages doesn't come off with soap.
4. Make sure you have bandaids.

Can't think of anything else at the moment...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024