Author Topic: Incision placement  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
Hello everybody. Were those incisions on the front necessary? I mean even the worst scar in the armpitfold are better than a near invisible on the front wich they are clearly not. The doc said, it’s the best location withe most less tension for the scars. I trusted him. But after reading reports here im feeking fooled. Did i get a old unnecessary version of a gyno surgery was i stupid? Did i make a mistake wich will follow me my whole life i feel very sad right now :/ my scars are much longer than from others i noticed :( the worst i even needed a revision because of hypertrophic scars. I think the doc messed me up and my life :(

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
That is me after my first surgery. I mean this surgery is get done by people who finally can be stressless shirtless. So now i got no men boobs no more but can’t go swim again because im ashamed of my scars. I did not get the logic behind this. Do anybody understand me?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You don't say how long it's been since your revision surgery.  The scars are still quite pink and will stay that way for a number of months after surgery.  The best thing you can do is optimize wound healing by keeping the scars out of the sun - use a heavy sunblock when you ARE out without a shirt on, and consider some type of scar gel to help the scar heal.  There are a number of them available at a pharmacy, or better ones possibly at your plastic surgeon's office.
It'll take time - try not to worry.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While is is the surgeon's prerogative as to where he places his incisions for surgery, I must admit that these incision sites are not commonly used at all.  Unfortunately, these scars are permanent but as Dr. Pope stated, they should fade with time and hopefully become quite faint.

Another reason to go to a gyne expert for your surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
The first surgeon justified his local decision by saying the armpit and lateral area has a lot of motion and tension which would effect the potential scars very bad. The chosen area in my case the location has the most less tension so he says. Dr. Jacobs what do you mean by saying another reason to go to an gyno expert? Am i a so unsuccessful patient with no hope is it that bad? Are these scars always destined to be prominent and bad healed?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, but I disagree with the rationale proposed by your surgeon.  Most gyne surgeons place their lipo access incision either on the areolar margin itself, or on the lateral chest or near the armpit -- not in the middle of the chest.

As for your scars, they will fade with time -- just be patient.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
Dr. Jacobs so you are saying the chosen location is more likely to develop hypertrophic scars and is under more tension than the locations called by yourself

Am i understanding that right?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Scars and how they heal are unpredictable.

What I indicated was that most surgeons like to try to hide their scars and avoid, if possible, placing them in a more visible location.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Tweety93

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies Dr. Jacobs. He justified his Location choice also by saying it’s in a area where afterwards chest hair will hide the scar but i never told him hat i like chest hair indeed i hate it.

Can i ask a technical question?

If you have to get revision with liposuction so the surgeon has to cut all the way down to get the canuels in

What about Scar Revision if the scars are wided? This time he doesnt have to get canuels in the body does that mean he will cut your body not that deep just the top layer of your skin to improve the scar?

Do i make here a mistake of thinking? 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024