Author Topic: Drains one week later usually necessary for minor gyne cases?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
My case is mild.  I have puffy nipples, and an otherwise normal chest. 

The surgeon I spoke with said his technique is to excise the gland.  Then, the sculpting continues one week later in the doctor's office when he drains fluid as necessary.  I have never read about this technique.  Is this typical?

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
This is new to me!  I had a pretty big surgery and only had drains for 2 days cause of all the fluids they had to put in me.  You having drains for a week seems too long and you're goin to get aggervated with that shit to!!  Sleeping with drains in you is aggervatin and wearing them under your clothes is aggervating also!!
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
But this doctor doesn't do drains the whole week.  He says his patients show up a week later and he drains fluid in the doctor's office.

DrBermant

My case is mild.  I have puffy nipples, and an otherwise normal chest. 

The surgeon I spoke with said his technique is to excise the gland.  Then, the sculpting continues one week later in the doctor's office when he drains fluid as necessary.  I have never read about this technique.  Is this typical?

If the technique is as you have stated, that really sounds bizarre.  I prefer to do my sculpting in one stage in the operating room, not during a follow up visit in the office!  Planning for office drainage on a regular basis is risky as infection can be introduced.  Some doctors use drains and drainage to compensate for surgery methods that tend to damage tissue to such a degree that fluid builds up after surgery.

It is rare that I need drains or drain fluid for my Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Surgery (about once every year or 2.)  With my Dynamic Technique, the patient leaves the operating room with a sculpted chest, usually no drains or office drainage of fluids, and on to early Recovery After Gynecomastia Surgery.

Here is where I posted how to pick a Gynecomastia surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Find early after surgery pictures from many different angles to see how your doctor's techniques evolve after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
But this doctor doesn't do drains the whole week.  He says his patients show up a week later and he drains fluid in the doctor's office.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT!!! ??? That's crazy!!  so you goin to walkin about with fluid and sh*t in your body for a week!!  That shit gon hurt to prolly.  I wouldn't use him if i was you man!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024