Author Topic: What is a good reason to get your chest opened up?  (Read 1804 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hello,
I am 48 hours post-op (gland excision), and am relaxing (and recovering) at my families acreage until Monday, before I head back to the city.

My doctor said that I can take my tensor bandage/binder off on Wednesday (8 days postop), but I may elect to keep it longer (or at least use my underarmour). My left side suffered a hematoma (although I had this drained in an ER on Tues Nite) - although for now it is just heavily bruised, and slightly swollen.

I would like to keep this operation on the down low when I return to the city. I am thinking of telling my friends and associates that I injured by chest while doing some physical work on the acreage. Call me paranoid, but I would like to have a good story that covers up any possible angle that may occur. Can anyone think of a reason why a doctor would open up my chest, aka: to get it scoped? I was thinking of saying something about hurting my chest lifting something, and the doctors scoped me to ensure I didnt tear a muscle (thus, bleeding, etc). Can anyone help me out with this?
Thanks

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
Your story is fairly solid if you back it up with confidence. After about a week, the pain minimized quite a bit and it would just be a small pain if someone would touch my chest. And I would ask them not to touch my chest area because I really damaged it from boxing. With the pushups and punching etc... (Not likely to be punched in the chest when boxing but people dont really care to ask more, just ask them not to touch your chest and they wont ask)
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024