Author Topic: Lista and OHIP  (Read 9437 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
does anyone know for certain if surgery with Lista can be (partially) covered by OHIP.

I emailed them about gyne surgery, and the emailed back with a price quote of $5000 flat.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
does anyone know for certain if surgery with Lista can be (partially) covered by OHIP.

I emailed them about gyne surgery, and the emailed back with a price quote of $5000 flat.

Dr. Lista's Website states that you can have the proceedure done at his clinic 'or' at the Trillium Health Center in Mississauga where he is Chief of Plastic Surgery. If that is the case, then you should be able to get all except Lipo covered by OHIP if you opt to have the surgery done in Hospital!!! ;D ;D ;D

If you opt for the proceedure to be done at his clinic, then OHIP will not cover any of the costs. :-/

Wait.... I just thought of something. Lista does PAL 'Power Assisted Liposuction' to remove gland and fat. If his proceedure is considered to be Lipo 'only', then OHIP may not 'recognize' the fact that gland is being removed also. Send another email asking if OHIP will pay a portion of the surgery cost if you opt to have the proceedure done at the Trillium Health Center.

Please let us know what you find out if you will. Thanks!

John.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 07:50:55 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
I called and spoke to the receptionist. Very friendly lady, but said that the price is $5000, no OHIP coverage.

I am still going to go in for a consultation however, and see what Lista says. My consultation is next week. I'll keep you all posted.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'll keep you all posted.

Oky-Doke!

Good Luck!

John.

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
good luck pal!
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline Darrion

• xena... her's I like - mine ARE GONE!
I had surgery with Lista and talked with him directly about my intention to apply for coverage from OHIP.  The PAL is only available at his clinic (which is private so OHIP will not cover anything).  He has regular lipo (and maybe UAL?) at the hospital where he is chief of PS, but then you can't get PAL.  He said to me flat out that if I intended to apply for coverage then he HAD to do it at the hosp without PAL.  I wanted PAL so I decided to shell out the 4K for the surgery (that was the price in 2002).  If it helps I am very satisfied with the results.
Good luck!
-Darrion
Power Assisted Lipo Aug 6/02!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I wanted PAL so I decided to shell out the 4K for the surgery (that was the price in 2002).  If it helps I am very satisfied with the results.
Good luck!
-Darrion

Darrion....

Thanks for the info on Lista Dude!

It's good to hear that you are satisfied with your results. I had surgery with Dr. Fielding and I too am satisfied with the results.

Do U have any Post-Op pics posted?

Later...

John.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 01:24:21 PM by Bambu »

Offline Darrion

• xena... her's I like - mine ARE GONE!
Not yet  :(.  If you take a look at my diary "Darrion's Diary" you will see my pre-ops and some peeved-off posts by people who want to see post ops.  You'll see my lame excuses there as well, but I will try to get around to it when I can get some private time with a digital camera and a computer (I'm a technological dinosaur!).  Promise to try!

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
With the PAL surgery, is there any excision under the nipple, or is it all done at the lipo site?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

With the PAL surgery, is there any excision under the nipple, or is it all done at the lipo site?

Nope. Fat tissue and gland are removed via Liposuction.

John.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 03:11:15 PM by Bambu »

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
Holy crap, well thats what I think I will do for my revision.  I already have a scar through the nipple, and I don't want another one underneath, or another one through...this is perfect...I have very little gland left anyway

...it's pricey but at this point, I just want it gone.  I emailed Dr. Lista today for an appt.

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
Hey darrion, how did u pay for it, Does dr.lista have payment options, like monthly payments, because i dont wanna charge my credit card 5000 because the  interest too high...etc,

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hey darrion, how did u pay for it, Does dr.lista have payment options, like monthly payments, because i dont wanna charge my credit card 5000 because the  interest too high...etc,

What is the current int. rate on your C.C. Dude?

John.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 10:05:03 AM by Bambu »

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member

Offline Bigt

• Posting Member
5000, will equal 77 dollars in interest only.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024