Author Topic: Dr. Fielding surgery this week (Pics)  (Read 16260 times)

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
One week to go until my surgery with Dr. Fielding, pretty awesome.  I also passed my first year at uni, sweet!  I'm going to post some pics for those who are still on the edge, for those still looking for a surgeon, and to document my personal journey.  For the record I'm not posting pics because I want to, I'm doing it because others photos were very helpful in my decision making process.  I can get a good handful above my pec so I'm guessing that about 200-250cc (a cup) will come out of each side. 

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Ok here are my pics.  I just got out of exams so some celebratory drinks and salty foods have made me bloated for sure, on a positive note it will make the before and after photos way better.  With that said, the thinner I am the more exaggerated the gynecomastia.  I plan to keep this thread updated for the next year, with photos, so stay tuned.  Hopefully I get some motivation out of it and everyone else gets to see Dr.Fielding's best work. 

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
This one drives the point home

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Ok last before pic.  If anyone has any question about anything please fire away.

Mikec1294

I have mine scheduled for April 30th! Good luck
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:23:52 PM by Mikec1294 »

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Right on and best of luck!  That is the same day I'm going in too, I don't why I put this week, what I meant was one week to go.  The reality of going under general anesthesic and having my chest cut open is starting to sink in now, and all that liposuction which looks pretty traumatic on the video too.  I guess it just part of the process of getting mentally prepared.  I've got a vision though, and I look forward to it becoming a reality.

Mikec1294

Right on and best of luck!  That is the same day I'm going in too, I don't why I put this week, what I meant was one week to go.  The reality of going under general anesthesic and having my chest cut open is starting to sink in now, and all that liposuction which looks pretty traumatic on the video too.  I guess it just part of the process of getting mentally prepared.  I've got a vision though, and I look forward to it becoming a reality.

Honestly, for me I'm literally just not looking at any videos. I'm just imagining myself going to a hospital, falling asleep, and waking up with a horribly uncomfortable vest on haha.

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Hey question for you, we don't know what time we are supposed to show up until we call in the day before?

Mikec1294

yeah that's what I was told she told me to call on Tuesday before 2:30

Mikec1294

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
Hey it went really good.  The worst of the pain was from getting intubated, that is having a tube put down your throat during surgery.  Dr. Fielding told me that as far as gynecomastia procedures go mine went really well.  The pain in my chest is very mild, what they say about it being about as painful as a good chest workout is generally true.  Where I experienced some stress was from having been under general anaesthetic, which is pretty hard on the body.  Psychological stress is also a real thing, you have just been cut open and operated on and this thought is always lingering in your mind.  Travelling was stressful too, it really increases your risk for post op injury.  For example this morning I had to take the bus back to St. Joes to see Dr.Fielding for a post-op follow up.  You need to be seated before the bus starts moving because you can't just grab the railings or you could hurt yourself, especially right after surgery.  Carrying luggage, bumping into people in the busy street, and opening heavy glass doors are things to watch for.  The quicker you can get home the better!

I had just under 200cc removed from each side by the way.  I also had some drainage, these pics are from the day after.  Pretty normal from what I hear.

One other thing is the drugs you get post op.  Firstly, they are narcotics, you get messed up, and you can tell they are hard on your body.  They make you shit bricks if your lucky, otherwise the constipation sucks!  I could totally do this recovery without them but I'm not going to lie, it is really nice to have medication that goes the extra mile to put you at ease.

Mikec1294

Your vest is the same as mine.

I'm dieing from the itchiness...

I can't wait for my post op on Tuesday... the pain meds surprised me...I didn't think they would make me so high lol, I took two the other night and was pretty much gone lol.

Your post op must have been today since you're from out of town I guess.

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member
So today was day 6 and it was time for me to take off the bandages and take a shower.  I was more nervous about this than I thought I would be, it was the first time I was going to see my chest post-op.  So far it looks like this procedure is going the way I wanted it to, I'm pretty happy so far. 

The left side of my chest was a little larger but I think this is due to a difference in swelling, there were a couple of things that led me to think this but time will tell.

After I showered and put the vest back on the itchiness was insane.  All of the skin that was under the gauze and padding is going to light up after your first shower.  It was hard to remain calm. 

The overall physical pain continues to be low.  The worst pain I get is a burning sensation around the areola, especially getting out of bed after sleeping.  I find putting extra pressure with my hand makes it go away.  The biggest obstacle for me is psychological, I'm worried about pulling a stitch, having someone punch me for jokes and overall I just want to get through recovery without any problems, and with good results.  2 weeks until I'm out of the woods.

Here are some pics

Offline healthpro77

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024