Author Topic: im getting a little nervous  (Read 3733 times)

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
i just watched an episode of everybody loves raymond where ray has to have surgery and he had trouble waking up from the anesthesia and they thought he was gonna die.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
relax... its mostly comedy. dont let yourself get scared by those things...

sure people react differently  to anesthisia but there is a risk to everything in life. i dont know the stats but i beleive complications are very rare. dont let this kill your "dream" of having a boob free life ;)
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i just watched an episode of everybody loves raymond where ray has to have surgery and he had trouble waking up from the anesthesia and they thought he was gonna die.

Yeah, I saw the same episode. It made me think of the guys here who are nervous about going under.

Relax tho dude... like brebguy said, it's rare to have complications from anesthetic...   ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Bossman:

Trust me, surgery is just piece of cake for Dr. Fielding. I also worried to much but it's a very normal process. Healing process is also the same. No pain. (even I felt for few days that he didn't do anything in mt left side). Only thing you have to worry about for hematoma. That's in first few days after surgery.

Good Luck man !!!
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline fishy

• Posting Member
  • The second mice gets the cheese!
I was also nervous about the anesthetic (it was about the only thing that worried me).

I felt a little pinch when the needle went in, and then I woke up feel super great, and the op was done. I wish other thing were so simple in life (blink, its done).

Don’t stress, that part is easy!

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
GUYS... do I have a story for you.....

True story !!  

When I was put under some years ago for wisdom teeth extraction...... Just before awakening from the anesthesia, I had a FREAKY sensation that I was dead and looking at myself from above the operating room. I was about 6 to 8 feet up looking down at myself motionless on the operating bed and the machines that I saw before I was operated on, including the big silver light that usually sits over the doc when he operates... but no doctors?  I also had a voice inside my head telling me that I was never truley alive and this was what my life was NOW..... I also had a wierd humming noise in my head, which was probably an amplification of one of the machines in the O.R. needless to say, I woke up with my hands wrenching the bed handles at both ends and the tears flowing down my face... also had the shakes like you wouldn't believe. Two nurses at both sides of the bed trying to calm me down... was a rush

About 1 week after I got home, I was grabbing a quik snooze... when the humming(machine) noise came back into my head again... Freaked my out -- jumped out of bed faster than I could say BOOO

I finally spoke to a nurse some 6 months later,,, she explained that I prob had an elergic reaction to the drug they gave me...  Anyways.. have been put under twice since then.. NO PROBS   thanks god!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:20:19 PM by rocketrob »

Offline gynecomaster

• Posting Member
Dude...I was stressing a lot about the anesthesia. I had gone under before and I had a bad experience waking up and feeling really anxious for like 5 hours. Like my heart would stop...which was beating at like 130 bpm for 5 hours straight. But telling you this is not to scare you...The next time I went under to get my gyne removed at st-joseph's with Dr. Fielding ...and the experience was really not traumatic at all...it was crazy. It was actually pleasurable how smooth it went. No reaction to anesthesia, perfectly calm, no pain...it was great. Don't worry about it...the chances of you dying from general anesthesia are far far less than, say, you falling and cracking your head in the shower tomorrow morning...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:36:30 PM by gynecomaster »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024