Author Topic: Planning My Surgery with Ostrowska-Clark  (Read 24417 times)

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Cheers Guys,

I will definitely consider the Ibis then! I saw the picture of the rooms and it seems gorgeous and I would need the shopping centre close by too! Hahah thanks for the advice guys! Is it close to the clinic though? Did you book this on your own in advance?

I have sent my response, but I have not had a response yet. Oi Poland! Stop hogging their time and let Jeremy respond to me, will yah! LOL! Just kidding guys!

Damien 

It's less than 2 pounds to take a taxi to the shopping centre, and I think it's actually nearer to Galaxy than the Atrium.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Sup Guys!

Long day at work! I got a response from Jeremy and I have confirmed 3rd of January 2013! I am so chuffed. I went ahead a booked easy jet. Cost me £63.95. I am looking to book the Ibis next but I will be waiting for further confirmation from Jeremy. Real happy.
Feels a bit like a dream. Will keep you posted guys.

Damien

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Well done Damien.  That's not far away so not much of a wait either.

Keep us updated and fire away if you have any questions.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
I had to wait 7 months for the surgery, so I promise you that the time really will fly by. My advice is to read all the blogs so that you know exactly what to expect, buy jelonets now, and get some nike pro vests.

When you arrive, check in and go straight to the Galaxy centre; go to the second floor grocery store and head to the fruit isle; buy a lot of nuts, dried fruit and oranges. You have no idea how helpful it was to have a food stash in my room for the first few days. Make sure to buy a bottle of something while you're there, that way you can refill at the tap and you'll be able to get a good amount of liquid after surgery.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Agree with Poland re: fruit & dried nuts etc.

Also, there is a little convenience store about 25metres from the Ibis hotel if you go out and turn right.  That's where I bought all my water - I'm sure the tap water is fine but I drank bottled from there.

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
Oh and if you need to buy Jelonet, PM me because I bought loads and still have some left.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Agree with Poland re: fruit & dried nuts etc.

Also, there is a little convenience store about 25metres from the Ibis hotel if you go out and turn right.  That's where I bought all my water - I'm sure the tap water is fine but I drank bottled from there.

Tap water here is pretty good actually. I'm drinking so much fluids that I don't think I could viably go with bottled water.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Hey Guys,

Have just completed another set of admin. I made a deposit of £300 to Jeremy Clark HSBC account today. I had to make the deposit via cash and pop to my local HSBC back to make the deposit as I know that the money comes through instantly and I needed to do this before the 24th. I tell you some bank staff are not always helpful! They made me queue up again for not filling in the pay in slip properly and when I did meet with the cashier, he seemed more interested in knowing what time he needed to go lunch than serving me. Lol! It’s cool though - I don’t bank with them.

I am also booking the Ibiz hotel – it’s going to cost me £305 for 10 days which is not that bad. This also includes breakfast each morning. Tell me guys; was the breakfast buffet any good? – that’s if you opted for this option. I am so happy and privileged to have your support guys.

Noted: I will get some dried fruits – Opps can’t have nut though on the account of my allergies. LOL! Bottle of water – check!

Oh, I was going to ask – did you pay Jeremy to organise the minibus ride from Berlin to Ibis, Szczecin hotel?

Yeah, I might just take you up on that offer on the Jelonet, Zack. I have just ordered a few myself – but will let you know. Should I also buy a compression vest or is this provided?

Many thanks for your support guys.
Damien 

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
I made it to the buffet for the first time this morning, and would not spend my money on it. It was a complete waste with very little on offer and food that had been sitting out for a while. Stock up on food at the store and you'll be much better off.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Sup Poland,

How’s your recovery going? It is really cold over the by the way? Crappy buffet. Poland, you are a man of wisdom. I will not be booking the buffet.
Many thanks bro!

Damien

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
No, problem. Only 96 hours out, but recovery's going great and I'm just killing time at this point. I'd add that the money for the buffet would go much further outside of the Ibis. There are some great bakeries in the area.

It started snowing on the Wednesday, so it will be really thick by the time you get here. Gloves, warm coat and hat will be a minimum.

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
Hey Guys,

Have just completed another set of admin. I made a deposit of £300 to Jeremy Clark HSBC account today. I had to make the deposit via cash and pop to my local HSBC back to make the deposit as I know that the money comes through instantly and I needed to do this before the 24th. I tell you some bank staff are not always helpful! They made me queue up again for not filling in the pay in slip properly and when I did meet with the cashier, he seemed more interested in knowing what time he needed to go lunch than serving me. Lol! It’s cool though - I don’t bank with them.

I am also booking the Ibiz hotel – it’s going to cost me £305 for 10 days which is not that bad. This also includes breakfast each morning. Tell me guys; was the breakfast buffet any good? – that’s if you opted for this option. I am so happy and privileged to have your support guys.

Noted: I will get some dried fruits – Opps can’t have nut though on the account of my allergies. LOL! Bottle of water – check!

Oh, I was going to ask – did you pay Jeremy to organise the minibus ride from Berlin to Ibis, Szczecin hotel?

Yeah, I might just take you up on that offer on the Jelonet, Zack. I have just ordered a few myself – but will let you know. Should I also buy a compression vest or is this provided?

Many thanks for your support guys.
Damien 

Give him your flight details and he books the transport. He includes it in the final cost. I paid in advance as it seemed so much easier than taking the money with me. Remember to make sure that your passport is up to date.

Offline DamienUK

• Bronze Member
Wow! Well have a nice recovery! Wow, can’t believe its snowing there. Thick coats and gloves will be packed. Sure thing, I will send my flight details to him today.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Poland.

Many thanks,
Damien
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:52:34 AM by DamienUK »

Offline wezzer

• Bronze Member
  • Ain't nobody got time for dat!
A lot of people seem to fly to Berlin and then get the 2 hour bus to Sczecin (i never spell that right), would it not be easier to fly to Sczecin directly and then get the 30 min car ride?

I'm excited for you Damien, I hope everything goes great, i'm looking forward to reading your experience!

Offline zack42

• Silver Member
I got a flight to Berlin because it was direct from Liverpool which is near to me.  If you can get direct to Szczecin for the same price then that would be a shorter journey once you get there.  Just ask Jeremy and he sorts all the travel to and from the airports for you and it's cheap too.

I would not bother with the breakfast at Ibis - as Poland says you get much more for your money outside of the hotel.  Same goes for evening meals and if you want some restaurant tips let me know.

With regards to the compression vest, the surgery provide a compression wrap that you need to wear 24/7 for the first 10-14 days.  After that I wore a compression vest during the day and the surgery's compression wrap at night.  The compression vest I bought was from Macom and was brilliant - if you used the code 'mybreast' at checkout you get a discount.

Hope that helps.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024