Author Topic: Swelling question again, sorry.  (Read 2434 times)

Offline winston001

• Posting Member
I'm trying to be cool and not worry about it all but the swelling is really bugging me my right appears flatter in the chest and nipple area and is looking good, my left side however looks more swollen, however the nipple does now look flat.
Before the the operation I was told I had mild gynecomastia and the surgion would remove it, my left side always looked bigger with my clothes on and that really bugged me.

My question though is the swelling you get over the months after surgery is that only around the nipples or can it be over the whole pectoral area, as mine on the left feels and looks like it's all over the left pectoral as it still looks bigger than the right side.

My surgion did say the gyne was spread out more on my left, I saw the pen marks on my chest after surgery and there was a circle covering alot of my left pec.
Any ideas. Thanks guys.

DrBermant

I'm trying to be cool and not worry about it all but the swelling is really bugging me my right appears flatter in the chest and nipple area and is looking good, my left side however looks more swollen, however the nipple does now look flat.
Before the the operation I was told I had mild gynecomastia and the surgion would remove it, my left side always looked bigger with my clothes on and that really bugged me.

My question though is the swelling you get over the months after surgery is that only around the nipples or can it be over the whole pectoral area, as mine on the left feels and looks like it's all over the left pectoral as it still looks bigger than the right side.

My surgion did say the gyne was spread out more on my left, I saw the pen marks on my chest after surgery and there was a circle covering alot of my left pec.
Any ideas. Thanks guys.

Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical techniques used, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. The swelling seen in this link are typical for my patients. The swelling can extend throughout the surgical site and then beyond if not controlled (like with compression garments) or if from a complication like a hematoma. The swelling can be on both sides or just one.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024