Author Topic: Blood Tests  (Read 3048 times)

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
I booked with Karidis the other day and managed to get in on the 5th of April, which I was pretty elated about. I've just phoned my Dr's and explained to them that I'm having private surgery on the 5th and that I need 3 blood tests carried out and returned to the surgeon within 1 week prior to the surgery.

I was expecting to have to see my GP (who is actually pretty cool about all this) but the nurse I spoke to said that seeing my GP isn't necessary for a blood test and that if I take the slip that requests me to have the tests to the blood test department of my local hospital they'll be able to do my tests there and then.

This doesn't sound right at all to me and the blood test department's now closed for the day so I'm unable to speak to them.

Obviously with my surgery on the 5th of April I need to sort this out as soon as and I don't want to end up getting turned away from the hospital only to have to go back and see my GP OR end up having to get another train down to London and pay £130 at St John's.

Has anyone here bypassed there GP like this before? Can I really just turn up at the hospital with Karidis's blood test request and get it done there and then?

Thanks

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Just spoke to the nurse again and she assumed that I had an official blood test request form. I informed her that i didn't and she said that without one from the surgeon a blood test wouldn't be possible.

She's obviously not farmiliar with this kind of thing so I've booked in with my GP for Tuesday the 22nd. I'm fairly certain he'll give me the correct forms to get these tests carried out but will I have enough time? For those guys that got their tests done on the NHS, how long did it take from the day they took your blood to you recieving your results?

Cheers

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Do you know exactly what blood tests you need?  Does your GP?  If not, you should call your surgeon's office and ask them for the exact tests or for them to fax in the form to the clinic of your choice.  You don't want to wait for your GP, go there and then have them tell you they don't know what to order for you either.

In Canada anyways, it takes about 1 to 2 days for blood test results to get to your doctor from the day you had them done.  It's generally pretty fast here so if it's the same, you still have plenty of time.

Offline odt52

• Posting Member
Your GP will give you the blood test slips. You will need to have your testosterone levels checked to ensure there is nothing underlying that is causing your Gyne. You can have the blood taken at your local hopsital as soon as you get the slip from your GP. The results normally follow by post withing 5 days, however you may be able to request that they come back sooner as they do not take long to process.

Offline ad21

• Bronze Member
This is what i did.  Rang my GP said i needed some blood tests taken as i was having surgury.  They said you will need to see the nurse.  I said ok, they said how about tomorrow i said brilliant.

I went the next day handed my form that Karidis had sent to me in the post.  The nurse took my blood and i got the results 2 days later.  I then scanned in my results and emailed them to karidis

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Do you know exactly what blood tests you need?  Does your GP?  If not, you should call your surgeon's office and ask them for the exact tests or for them to fax in the form to the clinic of your choice.  You don't want to wait for your GP, go there and then have them tell you they don't know what to order for you either.

In Canada anyways, it takes about 1 to 2 days for blood test results to get to your doctor from the day you had them done.  It's generally pretty fast here so if it's the same, you still have plenty of time.

Yep, know exactly what I need.

This is what i did.  Rang my GP said i needed some blood tests taken as i was having surgury.  They said you will need to see the nurse.  I said ok, they said how about tomorrow i said brilliant.

I went the next day handed my form that Karidis had sent to me in the post.  The nurse took my blood and i got the results 2 days later.  I then scanned in my results and emailed them to karidis

I'm gonna take a walk over there tomorrow I think and speak to someone face to face. I don't think the woman I spoke to on the phone was very clued up. Thanks for the info.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024