Author Topic: My Experience With Dr. Kapoor in Los Angeles.  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
BACKGROUND INFO
I had gynecomastia surgery on June 04, 2012, after many years of battling it with working out, dieting etc., and after reading A LOT on it and on the procedures. I live in Los Angeles, CA, and even though I could've traveled to San Francisco, to see Dr. Delgado, I wanted a local doctor in case I had any complications.

Also, I had mild/moderate gynecomastia and you can find my before and after pics on another thread, but just so you know I didn't have an extreme case like some do and I couldn't get rid of it just by exercising.

After speaking to several past patients (that I found on this site) who were all happy with his work, I decided to give Dr. Vishal Kapoor a try. Keep in mind that the following is my experience and yours and other patients may or may not be similar.

MAKING CONTACT
I went to his website and scheduled my consultation, but I was more than a little nervous because his office is in the heart of Beverly Hills! Really, I was expecting a lot of attitude and snooty people but after that first telephone call, I spoke to patient intake coordinator, Kati, who made me feel very comfortable and at ease, I felt that I was headed in the right direction.

And I was right. The staff and the doctor are very nice and welcoming, and make you feel like a long lost friend, so don't let the Beverly Hills address put you off.

CONSULTATION/FIRST MEETING
On that first meeting, Dr. Kapoor met with me and examined my chest and answered all of my questions regarding the surgery and whether or not I was a good candidate for it. Like some guys who have mild/moderate gyne, I was worried that doing surgery might make matters worse, but Dr. Kapoor assured me that the benefits far outweighed any risk.

After that examination, I went to talk to Kati who then explains everything from how much the procedure will cost, what the procedure will be, and everything that's covered. Here, any questions that you might have, Kati can answer for you.

From that point on, I booked my surgical date and pre-op work date -- this is where they test your blood and give you a booklet.

PRE-OP WORK
This is scheduled a week before your surgery date. Here, I was given a booklet that explains exactly what procedures are going to be done, what to do and what not to do before and after surgery, pre/post surgical tips, along with revision policy, and what to look for as far as complications after surgery; this was very helpful during my recovery. I also had blood taken at a lab down the street. This is also the time that you make your financial arrangements, and if you need to book a car service to drive you to and from the office on your surgery date.

SURGERY DATE
This date is the BIG day!  ;D
All of my prescriptions were taken care of and my compression vest was ready for me. All I had to do was show up. It couldn't have been easier. I show up and meet my anesthesiologist Dr. Han and he starts an IV that drips some stuff into me that makes me feel pretty good, very relaxed and kind of drunk  ::). Then Dr. Kapoor comes in and marks my chest up and goes over any concerns I might have and then we're ready. We go to the surgery room and there the oxygen mask goes on over my face and next thing you know, I wake up a couple hours later in the recover room, dressed and ready to go home. My surgical time was 8am, or was it 7am?, anyway I was back home by 1pm and that's with Los Angeles traffic. 

RESULTS
I couldn't be happier with my results! It's almost 2-months and 2-weeks, and I know -- going by what everyone else experiences -- that complete healing results in six-months, so there's still a lot of healing going on, but everything looks good to me.

WHY I CHOSE THIS DOCTOR
Aside from the nice and friendly staff at the office and Dr. Kapoor himself, I got the impression that this was a doctor who cared about how you  felt afterward. And if you weren't satisfied with the outcome, he would do everything (including revisions) to make you happy and all you would have to pay for was the anesthesiologist.

Another thing that really sold me on this doctor is that he noticed that I get Keloid scarring on my chest, which is raised scars from cuts, because I had two small ones in the middle of my chest. When he saw those he made the decision to only make incisions along the aureola and work everything out from there. And he did a magnificent job.

I cannot guarantee that you will have the same results if you go to Dr. Kapoor because there are so many variables that come into play such as how much surgery must be done, how a person's body heals itself, physical condition, and the like, and no doctor can give you an absolute guarantee that you'll come out looking like xyz, all they can do is the best job they can and your body takes over the rest  (if they do, run from that doctor!), but with Dr. Kapoor, I felt like he would stand behind his work and do everything that he can to make sure I was satisfied and happy.

Perhaps that's the most important part when choosing a doctor (when you do finally decide to get gynecomastia surgery): you should not only find a doctor and staff that makes you feel comfortable and is qualified, but also one who has a "plan B" just in case things don't turn out the way one hopes.

In Dr. Kapoor's case, he met all those criteria and then some, and everything is explained in print, so there are no surprises.

I'm very glad I went with Dr. Kapoor. I also want to thank the other members of this board for helping in that decision. It's funny but I was just going to write a small paragraph on my experience with this doctor, but it turned into a rather lengthy article, LOL.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024