Author Topic: Return of the Gruff!  (Read 1955 times)

Gruff

Wow it's been so long since i've been on here, I thought i'd give an update though! But i've no idea where to start!

Firstly I don't know how many of you are old friends, it's been such a long time since ive posted, and i guess there's probably a fair few new people on here now!

Just a bit of background info:
I had a glandular case of gyne that i'd had for a fair few years. I finally got around to a gland excision (no lipo) and half moon aerola reduction about 2 years ago now. Aged 26.

The surgery went quite well. Well it healed up fast and to the point it was unnoticeable - unless u looked right up close with a magnifying glass! And the size of the gland tissue was certainly significantly reduced. And so were the swollen areola's. Gland tissue size was probabably about a half golf ball size, although that's probably a pretty bad description because it was kind of more spread out like little baby fingers going off in different directions. With I guess a main central lump behind the nipple area. As strange as that sounds i'm sure many of you know what i mean.

Anyway I thought it looked pretty flat post op. However I did notice maybe around about a week or two or so after the bandages came off I could feel a bit of hard tissue still remaining.

The never ending discussions on here came along, loads of others had found the same problem and we just weren't sure what the problem was: ie was it remaining gland, or this whole 'scar tissue' debate that raged forever.

Well I healed fast and it was certainly a huge improvement. There was definately some lump and a little fatty tissue remaining, but not too much.

I guess the general advice on here would have been to leave it. I was in pretty good shape. I work out a lot, but I find i naturally have far more lower pec tissue than upper pecs. Which dosen't help. Yes training people i do focus on upper pec training, but muscle kinda grows how it's genetically determined to grow. But still it really wasn't bad. I was quite comfortable in shirtless situations and generally happy with it.

Anyway to cut a long story short, the ordeal I went through to get the first surgery in the U.K was a slow and difficult one. It took about 12 months in total from start to finish, involved several consultations. A fair bit of pleading on my behalf, but finally I got the surgery done for free on the NHS.

Well after that, I really couldn't see them doing what would effectively be a minor revision, so i never even bothered trying. Plus like I say, it wasn't too bad anyway, so pretty hard to justify the huge charges of going private.

So I guess I did what most people on here do after getting the surgery done... I moved on! checked in occasionaly for a while but then pretty much 'forgot' or 'almost forgot about it' and carried on with my life.

Well I guess most people's advice would have been to end it there... but u know i guess i'm one of those people always looking for perfection!

Well after the surgery I started finding myself with new confidence, beach hopping, travelling abroad etc, and i finally ended up living and working in Taiwan (part of China).

Well exactly a week ago I had a nasty (well not too bad accident) that involved getting hit in the face by a 5 foot long metal ruler! I'm a teaacher here. Blood was dripping everywhere and to cut a long story short I found myself in a plastic surgeons office in a hospital to have a couple of stitches put in my face.

When asked about any previous surgeries, I mentioned the gyne op i'd had a couple of years back. The plastic surgeon took a look and said he'd be happy to sort it out for me as it wasn't 100% removed.

Well it was kind of a hard offer to refuse, a top asian cosmetic surgeon, saying he could lipo out the remaining fat and excise the tissue. I still at this point had no idea if it was remaining gland or scar tissue. He didn't seem to care, either way he said he could remove it for me.

The price was free for the excision and anasthesia, plus $10600 Taiwan Dollars for the lipo. Basically it was a free op, covered by my governmental health insurance card. The $10k might sound a lot, but that translates to about $330 U.S!!! Wow a bargain I thought, including a pathology report of the removed tissue.

Plus the waiting list was basically a week! Amazing. I go in on Monday morning needing a couple of facial stitches, and I get booked in for a Gyne op, excision plus lipo 9 days later. And really at $330 I just couldn't refuse. I'd been contemplating travelling to go and see Dr Bermant in the US as he's generally regarded as the best.

But really $5500 US (or there abouts) verses $330 U.S and I figured i'd take my chance with one of Taiwan's best!

The only downside was the lipo. He wanted to do convential lipo plus excision. I'd heard the Ultrasound etc is better. But, well I trusted his judgement and I liked the price!

Well anyway as far as results go, I guess it's early stages, and hard to tell. Personally it looks great to me. Bruised to hell but thats expected. Plus if anything a little indented. I'm actually not too worried about that. The nipples seem to move free of the pectoral muscle and personally I think less is better. It's a hell of a lot easier to get in the gym and pump up the chest, than it is to get into the gym and reduce the chest. So really the slight concave effect isn't troubling me right now.

As far as removal goes. It all got lost a bit in translation. Their English isn't perfect. I think it was 6 grams of gland removed per side. Although it could have been 60grams total or 60 a side. Although that sounds a hell of a lot for what i had. But then I have no idea how dense that stuff is. Call it morbid, but i'd have loved too see exactly what was removed. It's bugged the hell out of me for years, feeling around trying to work out how big it is! He did confirm though it was definately remaining gland and not scar tissue.

That's partly why i'm posting this, I know there's been so much debate in the past, well in my case it was definately remaining gland. As far as the lipo goes, he says their wasn't much to remove (I have a fairly low body fat level). He quoted that exactly 100cc per side was removed, although he noted that contained fluid. So exactly how much of that was fat remains unclear. I can't imagine there was that much there though.

Anyway so far, I think it's good.

One of the things to look out for is nipple color he told me. If it's pink (which it is) that's good because it means it's getting a supply of blood /oxygen whatever. Black is bad! That means it's dead and it's gunna fall off. So prey u don't ever get a black nipple after surgery.

Anyway, i'll post some pics on here soon, when I get to take the bandages off next,

Sorry for the long post, I guess this just makes up for a year or so of posting nothing! Plus I wanted to be as accurate as possible!

As a final note, i'll let you know how it goes. If it turns out to have been a great surgery... well... Don't travel to Taiwan for it, unless your prepared to work here teaching english, otherwise you wont get a health insurance card, and i'm sure as hell you won't end up paying $330 U.S for it!

Anyone here who happens to be working in Taiwan and has a standard government issued health insurance card, PM me and i'll give you the contact details for the surgeon,

Gruff  :)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
...Taiwan (part of China)...
bet that made you real popular there.  

i'd wave hi, but you'd give me the d@mn lecture again, so welcome back but pretend you didn't see me.  good to hear it went well ;D   what is it you're doing for work over there anyway?  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:32:32 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline headheldhigh01

like the near death guys i'll probably go for the light at some point, it just hasn't been my time yet.  

taiwan sounds great, hope you enjoy the invasion.  but don't worry, they won't do that till after the olympics  :D  

Offline headheldhigh01

maybe rain man instead? ;)  no, a few of us still just read.  yeah, there used to be a rumor that 12% of texas high school seniors couldn't name the country on their southern border, worrisome if true.   here's the way i've heard it:    

"Last month, a world-wide survey was conducted by the UN.  The only question asked was,  "Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?"  The survey was a huge failure because...

In Africa they didn't know what "food" means.
In Eastern Europe they didn't know what "honest" means.
In Western Europe they didn't know what "shortage" means.
In China they didn't know what "opinion" means.
In the Middle East they didn't know what "solution" means.
In South America they didn't know what "please" means.
In the USA they didn't know what "the rest of the world" means."

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:50:33 PM by headheldhigh01 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024