Author Topic: Surgery in 2 days, I dont know what to expect. I have ?s  (Read 3100 times)

Offline IGOTTHEMANBOOBS

One week ago, I figured out what these dreaded puffy nipples are classified as, gynecomastia. First day, I researched it the entire day and night went into a consultation the next day, set up surgery a week after consultation.  I am glad it is moving quite quickly for being embarrassed for so long. I also research an array of doctor's in my area as well, as you all should do before going through with removal.  Some doctors, I swear, have fake reviews. 

I will be doing an awake surgery, with sedation.  Procedure with smart lipo *idk what's so smart about it lol, but it sounds good... skin tightening i believe*, and excision *what I am most excited about*.

I am muscular and could lose a few.  I have a mild case, but enough to cause me to never wear a thin shirt, or solid color.  If I do wear just a wife beater, it's black and I hope my nips stay hard the whole time lol.  When I was a little overweight, my nipples used to jiggle when I would brush my teeth, you know, the normal gynecomastia. I have had it since before high school (27 now).

Some stories I read are very exciting, like, "best decision I have ever made" or "wish I did this a million years ago."  I hope I am one of those cases.  However, I also see some bad surgical work, and how people regret their decision to get surgery, very scary. I wonder how easy of an operation this is for a surgeon.

I am quitting smoking today, 2 days before surgery, Most doctors say to quit 2 weeks before, some say a week, some say a day.   Any smokers worry about this?  Doctor asked, but didn't seem too worried about it.  I will be quitting until I heal enough, by then I hope I don't have any urges, but thats a different matter.

I do have some questions for people who have had it, I will probably look for the answers after I post this but just to be sure.

How big was the swelling compared to your old chest size, with or without the compression vest?

Is the compression vest really noticeable? Are there different kinds?

Should I be scared of anything?

How long do I have to medicate afterwards? 5mg oxycodones good enough?

Do I have to sleep at a 45 degree angle that I hear some ppl say?

I have alot on my mind about it, but Ill stop here.  Ill post some pics here if anyone wants to see pre-op pics.  It is embarrassing talking to anyone else about it.

Offline joeprabb

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024